BI.TV Series 1, Episode 11 (Business Intelligence & Analytics news, views & reviews)
Welcome to BI.TV – your vendor agnostic fortnightly recap of global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics news, views and reviews.
*For best viewing, we recommend you watch in 720p resolution.
In the news
This episode of BI.TV explores a range of topics:
- Senior Managing Director at Accenture Analytics, Narendra Mulani, argues the need to set BI objectives based on specific business issues, rather than the available data;
- Tech Pro Research examines Big Data advancement in the enterprise in their latest report – Big Data Trends: Costs, Payoffs, Outcomes, Staffing;
- Bill Shander explains how the process of visualizing information can assist organizations to communicate complex concepts to its stakeholders;
- Founder of advisory firm Analytics-Based Performance Management, Gary Cokins, discusses the processes organizations should observe in order to achieve maximum value from business analytics;
- An article in McKinsey Quarterly outlines how business analysts should convey the importance of Big Data Analytics to an organizations’ executive management team to secure C-level sponsorship;
This episodes interactive component comes from the Advanced Analytics LinkedIn group, via Vice President of Nuevora, Todd Milligan. Milligan asks: “What things prevent analytics groups from maximizing the value they bring to their organizations?”. To have your say, go HERE >
Story 1: “Take an issues-driven approach to business intelligence”
Story 2: “Research: Big Data trends: Costs, payoffs, outcomes, staffing”
Story 3: “Does Your Company Actually Need Data Visualization?”
Story 4: “How to Get the Most from Business Analytics”
Story 5: “How to Mobilize Your C-Suite for Big Data Analytics”
Story 6: “What things prevent analytics groups from maximizing the value they bring to their organizations?”
Well, that’s all we have time for.
We’ll catch you again soon, for another episode of BI.TV.