News & Blog
Yellowfin Quick How To – Conditional Formatting on Charts
3 Apr, 2012
- Teresa Pringle
How can I highlight an area on my chart using alerts created on the report?
You can accomplish this by applying a conditional formatting alert to a field used in your chart.
- Create a conditional formatting alert (this will have to be a basic alert rule, in order to be used on a chart)
- Create and generate your chart as normal
- Enable the conditional formatting display in the Series Selection panel
- Select the display options required for your alert. Note: there are three types of conditional formatting display available on charts in Yellowfin. They are:
- Area: a range matching the alert condition is highlighted on the plot area
- Bar: changes the colour of the bar/columns that match the alert condition
- Line: creates a coloured line, similar to a reference line, on the plot area
Once you’ve completed these steps you should have alerts displayed on your chart.