Visit Our Community

Can’t change colour (v 7.1)

Hi There

I am unable to change the colour of a series in a standard line chart:

Forum image

Please advise.

Thanks!
Hello!

Thanks for your question. We are aware of this issue, which appears if all the default colour settings have been removed.

Check Administration > Content Settings > Chart Settings > Color Defaults ;

Forum image

If you see all colour settings removed, you'll need to manually add these in again. Once added, the series settings option will be displayed correctly.

Our development team are still looking at what causes this issue.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

We are having the same issue, unfortunately when I go into Content Settings / Chart Settings / Colour Defaults no colours are displayed, see the below screenshot. Any idea how to fix this? We're running 7.1 20150624

Forum image

Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,

Could you give me some more info about this - did you have colour defaults set up before, which have just disappeared? What browser are you using when logging into YF? Have you also recently upgraded?

Could you take a look at the Javascript when viewing the Chart Settings page ( CTRL+SHIFT+J) , and see whether you have errors appearing relating to the rendering of the colour settings? If so, can you post a screenshot here or send to support@yellowfin.bi, referencing this Forum Post.

Hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

No, we didn't have colour defaults set up previously - we run Yellowfin as SAAS for our clients so it is entirely up to them which colours they want to use. We set no defaults for any styles.

I'm currently using Chrome 43.0.2357.134 m but can confirm it is occurring in IE and Firefox too.

Yes, we recently upgraded from 6.3 20150422 to 7.1 20150624.

There are JavaScript errors:

Forum image

I've checked the application directory and the file exists but am I right in saying that the error is occurring because it has 20150624 after the JavaScript filename? (As per above screenshot).

Forum image

Thanks again for your help.

Mike
Hi Mike,

As per your above screenshot, could you rename the " colourpicker.js " file to
" ColourPicker.js ". Restart your Yellowfin and let me know if the colour picker chart reappears.

Hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

I renamed the file as you said and restarted Apache Tomcat Yellowfin. Unfortunately the same JavaScript error message is being shown and there are no colours.

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,

That's strange, I also renamed the colourpicker file to ColourPicker in the
appserver/webapps/ROOT/js folder, and the colour picker table reappeared again.

Can I check with you that your appserver/webapps/ROOT/js folder also shows the ColourPicker js file like this?

Forum image

Hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

Yep it's exactly like that:

Forum image

What is also odd is that I can access other files from the js folder i.e. ColourSet.js through my web browser, yet the ColourPicker always 404s:

Forum image

ColourPicker:

Forum image

You can see that the're both spelt as the appear in the directory, yet only ColourPicker.js errors out. We have checked the permissions and there is nothing funny going on there as it's set at the folder level, so if anything was wrong, we wouldn't be able to access the other js files in there.

Still a mystery!

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Could you right-click on the ColourPicker file and select " Properties ", does it have the permissions as per the screenshot below?

Forum image

The file should have Read access.

Cheers,

Danny
Hi Danny,

I have good news. Changing the file name from "colourpicker.js" to "ColourPicker.js" actually fixed it... I didn't notice due to a terribly rookie mistake that I made - I made the name change on a different server to what I was testing on. We have 2 servers running 2 different instances of Yellowfin.

Problem solved. It also has answered the question regarding my other forum post asking how do disable "Inherit styling options defined in Administration" - there is now the option there to change it to custom which wasn't there before. It seems that the missing colour picker file was causing some other things to break.

Thank you for all of your help and patience, and sorry for the time incurred!

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I'm really happy that both issues / questions have been resolved!

An absolute pleasure to help, that's what we're here for :)

All the very best,

Danny