Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Report distribute or email

When distributing or emailing a report to another user, the recipient must be logged-out in order to login and get access to the received report.
Can it be fixed?

Rami
Hi Rami,

So we can test this for you, can you advise what Yellowfin build you are using?

Kind Regards,

Danny

Forum image
Hello Rami,

Thanks for that info. I've tested on build 20140721 the distribution of reports between two users, and was able to receive the reports without issue, although it did generally require me to reload the screen. It didn't require logging out and back in to the report recipient user account.

Is this the issue you were facing, or something else?

Kind Regards,

Danny

Danny,

My case, in 4 steps:

1. Admin distibute a report to Rami

Forum image

2. Rami receive an email

Forum image

3. Rami click the link and asked to enter credential

Forum image

4. Error

Forum image

Regards,
Rami
Hello Rami,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request.

The concurrent user error would be displayed, if a session is presently open for the user attempting to log in again, using the link within the email notification.

You can check the users currently logged in through the Administration > Admin Console > Session Management screen. The duplicate session for the user can be terminated through this screen.

Let me know if I ca assist further.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Danny,

Just to see if i understood your answer:
When a user received a notification email with a link to a new report sent to him, he must first logout from his active session, before trying to see the new report.
Is that correct?

Rami
Hi Rami,

In order to prevent the " concurrent user " error occurring, the user selecting the link within the notification email would need to log out, if currently logged in to YF.

However, if you receive an email notification that a report has been shared with you, that report should appear within your Browse page, meaning you don't necessarily need to log out to access the report.

Any further clarification, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Thank You for your prompt replay.

I believe this is a wrong approach for the end-user/business-user.
If you can't enable a "working" hyperlink when user is active (logged on), please consider the removal of the hyperlink from the email template, and change the content ("...browse to see the new report...").
I'm keep getting calls from YF users saying "I can't see the report you sent... error message..."
Hi Rami,

We have been doing some further investigation on the behaviour of the Distribute email notification, and it appears that the email notification link should detect the user's active session within Yellowfin, and not prompt them to log in again.

As such, I have lodged a Product Defect ( #172935 ), to have this issue corrected.

Apologies if this problem caused any inconvenience for you or your users.

Kind regards,

Danny