Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Style summary fields

As far as i found out, it is possible to set the font of the summary fonts, but not the size, position etc. The result is that this has to be changed for every summaryfield on every column. Are there other options or logic that can be used to have the summary field the same size as the column?
Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting us with your request.

I have had a look into this for you and currently the column summary is set via the column formatting, I have created an Enhancement Task for this to be considered for a future build (TASK ID: 169316).

Just to clarify, the second image you have attached is set the font for the Report Summary, which is separate to the summary in Column Formatting.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or I can assist further.

Kind regards,
Katie
In the attachment i posted a screenshot with the position where i yet manualy modify the summary-style (the column-format options). As you can see the report picks the right font, but the allignment and font-size are not as defined in the content settings (i'm sure nowhere is a 11pt font defined in the content settings).

To my opinion, font-options from the (sub-)totals (when "default") should always be the same as the font-options of the column-fields where those totals where based on. So i don't think we'll need more options in the content setting... then the program has as this point simply look at the font-options of the column fields it is based on. In this way is will most times be enough to change the font-options of the column-data and automaticaly (when choosen default) the totals should be the same.

When choosing this solution it may make sense to change the word "default" at this place to "same as data" while "default" at all other places in YF indicates a relation to the "content settings".

An other remark about the font-settings:
* While the font-options of the totals ar modified at the "summary" options of the column-formating, you might understand that i looked at the summary-fonts of the content-settings. Maybe the use of the words "summary" vs. "totals" should be reconsidered. E.g. in this case where speaking about the behavior of the "totals" of the column and not about the summary where this column might be used.
* Even if the "summary-font" in the content-setting isn't used for this totals, it looks like the options of the summary-font in the content-setting is incompleted (no font-size, no aligning etc.) Can you explain what the logic is that's used in the summary while setting the font-options (which options are used and where are they defined?)
* In the column-style settings i can only choose one of 5 fonts at my system. At other positions in the content settings (e.g. the summary-font) i can choose any option from the whole set of font's on my system. Can you explain what the logic is in defining and "offering" those font's?
In the attachment i posted a screenshot with the position where i yet manualy modify the summary-style (the column-format options). As you can see the report picks the right font, but the allignment and font-size are not as defined in the content settings (i'm sure nowhere is a 11pt font defined in the content settings).

To my opinion, font-options from the (sub-)totals (when "default") should always be the same as the font-options of the column-fields where those totals where based on. So i don't think we'll need more options in the content setting... then the program has as this point simply look at the font-options of the column fields it is based on. In this way is will most times be enough to change the font-options of the column-data and automaticaly (when choosen default) the totals should be the same.

When choosing this solution it may make sense to change the word "default" at this place to "same as data" while "default" at all other places in YF indicates a relation to the "content settings".

An other remark about the font-settings:
* While the font-options of the totals ar modified at the "summary" options of the column-formating, you might understand that i looked at the summary-fonts of the content-settings. Maybe the use of the words "summary" vs. "totals" should be reconsidered. E.g. in this case where speaking about the behavior of the "totals" of the column and not about the summary where this column might be used.
* Even if the "summary-font" in the content-setting isn't used for this totals, it looks like the options of the summary-font in the content-setting is incompleted (no font-size, no aligning etc.) Can you explain what the logic is that's used in the summary while setting the font-options (which options are used and where are they defined?)
* In the column-style settings i can only choose one of 5 fonts at my system. At other positions in the content settings (e.g. the summary-font) i can choose any option from the whole set of font's on my system. Can you explain what the logic is in defining and "offering" those font's?
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response and for clarifying your request.

Formatting Column Summary:
I have cancelled the original Enhancement Request (TASK ID: 169316) and created a new one that asks for the Column Summary(Total) to apply the same default as the column data, (Task ID: 169486). I have also added to this your idea of changing the wording to "same as data'.

Renaming Summary in Column Formatting to Total:
I have created an Enhancement Request for this to be considered for a future build (TASK ID: 169489)

Editing Report Summary Font:
Thank you for raising this, I have created an Enhancement Task (TASK ID: 169494) for this function to be considered.

Fonts available for Column Formatting:
We have a great forum post which discusses why it only displays a small selection of fonts and how you can add fonts to the list. Adding Fonts.

I hope I have answered all your questions but please let me know if I can assist any further.

Kind Regards,
Katie

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.