Global Business Intelligence (BI) vendor, Yellowfin, has launched the latest version of its BI software, Yellowfin 6.2, in a series of Webinars Tuesday.
Yellowfin 6.2 Webinar recording
For a comprehensive list of all product additions and enhancements included in Yellowfin 6.2, download the official release notes >
Yellowfin CEO, Glen Rabie, said that the release, available for download from Friday 7 December AEDT, reflected Yellowfin’s continued commitment to democratizing BI, and enabling people of all business backgrounds to benefit from the insights offered by reporting and analytics.
“Yellowfin 6.2 focuses on enhancing the features and functionality that the BI marketplace is demanding – the things that we know our customers already love about Yellowfin,” said Rabie. “Yellowfin 6.2 – with its new streamlined User Interface, enhanced collaborative capabilities and report sharing options, as well as new persuasive chart types – is all about making BI more usable, shareable and powerful.
“Our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of, and demand for, consumer-oriented BI – to enable more people to make the best business decisions possible.”
For the last two years, Gartner’s Business Intelligence Magic Quadrant survey has found that ease-of-use rated above product functionality as the number one purchase criteria for organizations when selecting a BI solution.
Major features, enhancements and improvements of Yellowfin 6.2
The major additions and enhancements of Yellowfin 6.2 include:
- A restyled User Interface to boost interactivity, search and navigation. Enhancements include:
- New styling options to improve customization capabilities
- New pullout side navigation panels for less intrusive report browsing
- The ability to search for Views, and search objects within Views, for quick and easy report building
- A visual thumbnail style menu display for browsing reports, dashboards and Storyboards
- Enhanced Collaborative BI functionality, with the ability to:
- Selectively share private comments
- Bookmark or snapshot reports, enabling users to capture the information displayed within a report at a specific point in time
- Three new chart types, including Proportional Image, Heat Grid and Infographic charts
- Improved Data Governance functionality with:
- Private and public report watermarks
- The ability to share private reports with designated peer groups and individuals
- Easier administration via performance improvements, enhanced Web services functionality, as well as the inclusion of user level source authentication
- Reporting improvements, which include enrichments to OLAP connectivity, support for embedded SSRS reports, and new view level filter hierarchies
Yellowfin 6.2 release compliments Storyboard release
The launch of Yellowfin 6.2 comes off the back of last week’s release of ‘Storyboard’ – Yellowfin’s new presentation and collaboration platform for BI.
The PowerPoint-like presentation module for BI content is fully integrated into Yellowfin’s core BI application, and compliments the collaborative and consumer-oriented endeavors of Yellowfin 6.2. Rabie said that Storyboard would redefine the information delivery paradigm for BI, helping to boost BI Return on Investment, by enabling a wider community business people to successfully understand and act on BI content.
Principal Analyst at Nucleus Research, Hyoun Park, said that Storyboard represented a collaborative breakthrough for BI.
“This is simple, but brilliant,” said Park. “Storyboard finally puts ‘collaborative’ into collaborative BI and analytics.”
Industry recognition for Yellowfin
The release of Yellowfin 6.2 and Storyboard caps off a strong year for Yellowfin, with the vendor identified as a leading “Dashboard vendor” and “Small to Medium Projects vendor” in the Business Applications Research Center’s (BARC) The BI Survey 12 – the world’s largest end-user BI study. Yellowfin was ranked first for 13 criteria within the Dashboard vendor Peer Group, and eight within the Small to Medium Projects vendor Peer Group.
Yellowfin also received the equal highest overall ranking in Dresner Advisory Services’ (DAS) 2012 Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Study, and the highest outright score in the study’s “Emerging Business Intelligence Vendors” category. The global study compared and ranked 17 of the world’s foremost BI vendors.
Yellowfin 6.2 will be made publicly available from Friday 7 December AEDT.
Yellowfin is a global Business Intelligence (BI) software vendor passionate about making BI easy. Yellowfin is headquartered and developed in Melbourne, Australia, offering a highly intuitive 100 percent Web-based reporting and analytics solution. Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is a leader in mobile, collaborative and embeddable BI as well as Location Intelligence and data visualization. For more information, visit www.yellowfinbi.com
For further media information, interviews, images or product demonstration, please contact:
Lachlan James, Communications Manager on +61 03 9090 0454, 0431 835 658 or firstname.lastname@example.org