Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

How to make Avarage from total on Yellowfin?

Dear Team support,

I want to ask you a simple question. How to make an average from total when the total is get from sum of one row. It is using function Column Total at Yellowfin.

Thank you.
Hello Nonie,

You should be able to achieve this through Aggregation - more information on this is available through the YF Wiki.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

The problem is I don't know how to make the Total to be a metric on Columns tab. If the Total can be moved to Columns tab, I'm sure that the aggregation function can be used. :D
So, Is that possible to make Total to be a metric?

Thank you.

Nonie
Hi Nonie,

Was wondering if you could provide some sort of example of what you are trying to achieve?

Thanks,

Danny

Hi Danny,

I was trying to add an image, but it doesn't work.
I'll try to make an example.

Period 1 2 3
Dist_ID Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value
85001 2 100 1 50 3 150
85002 1 50 3 150 3 150

And then I use function "Row Total" that is used to make Total every Dist_ID
the table will be like this

Period 1 2 3 Total
Dist_ID Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value
85001 2 100 1 50 3 150 6 300
85002 1 50 3 150 3 150 7 350

Then, I want to make the Average from that Total.
So that, the expected table is

Period 1 2 3 Total Average
Dist_ID Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value Qty Value
85001 2 100 1 50 3 150 6 300 2 100
85002 1 50 3 150 3 150 7 350 2.33 116.67

How to make something like that.

Thank you.

Nonie
Nonie,

You're welcome to email the image to support@yellowfin.bi, to give us a clearer picture of what you need.

Cheers,

Danny
Nonie,

You're welcome to email the image to support@yellowfin.bi, to give us a better idea of what you need.

Cheers,

Danny
Hi Danny,

The Image that explain the problem I had, has been sent to support@yellowfin.bi.

Please help me.

Thank you,

Nonie
Hi Nonie,

We have your email, we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

Thank you for replying.

I'll be waiting. :)

Warm regards,

--

Nonie Purba
Hi Nonie,

Just confirming with you that Katie from YF Support has emailed you today with information on your issue.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Nonie,

I have done a little more investigating to try and find a work around for you and I have actually found an existing forum post that I hope will provide a solution for youCalculations on Grand Totals. In the post David suggest creating a view based calculated field to calculated the total, which then can be used at report level.

On finding this post I also saw that there is already an existing Enhancement Request (TASK ID: 113194) so I will cancel the new one I had created and hope 113194 can be considered for a future build.

I hope this workaround provides the solution you need, but please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Katie