Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

How do I setup the DSN for Microsoft access ODBC driver?

Updated documentation can now be found via our YF community HERE

How do I setup the DSN for Microsoft access ODBC driver?
I am setting up the DSN to connect to my data sources, and I don?t have the drivers for Excel or Access. My list only includes SQL and SQL Express. Do you know where I can download them? Forum image  
This is a common issue in Windows 7 (64-bit). I believe the link below can assist: 64 bit driver for DSN for MS access database Let me know if you have any issues with this. Regards, David
solution found on this website: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6721702/windows-7-64-bit-odbc-drivers-for-ms-access-missing It's likely the shortcut for setting ODBC data sources is pointing to the 32bit data sources instead of 64bit. Go to control panel -> administrative tools --> select data sources(ODBC) --> then right click on that file --> go to properties --> in the shortcut tab -> change the path from %windir%System32odbcad32.exe to %windir%SysWOW64odbcad32.exe and make your connection. the driver for MS Access will work fine now.
I have used the ODBCad32.exe in the SysWOW64 folder as well to create my connection to a MS Access 2010 database. But, once I create the source in Yellowfin and select Microsoft Access and get the attached error????
Go to control panel -> administrative tools --> select data sources(ODBC) --> then right click on that file --> go to properties --> in the shortcut tab -> change the path from %windir%System32odbcad32.exe to %windir%SysWOW64odbcad32.exe and make your connection. the driver for MS Access will work fine now. Thank you sooo much for the friend who post this answer:)
THANK YOU...... REGARD KIM
Thanks as well very helpfull!
TNANKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Thanx a lot.
thank u so much sir
Thank u
Its Very Useful to me. Thanks a Lot.
THANKS SIR..
DANKE SCHON MON AMI
Thanks a lot
Thanks for the help!!
It's work .Thank you for help.
Thk u a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Shukriya...................bole toh thankuuuuuuuuu
thanks a lot for the guy who posted the changing path stuff :D
Thank you so much ... but my database name and description is uneditable and the manufactured default names for the same are blank so i m unable to proceed with my service results
thank u good job
thanks a lot it works - girish
thank u ..now i got all the driver in my list..........
Sorry but it did not worked for me :( it only opens the expected drivers in sysWOW64 but it refers the default one when we try to access using Excel 2007... so same error again.
thanks
Thanks
but, my connecction to Ms.Access still error. What can I do? Regards, Mrs. Siti
thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
thanks very much.........
Thank you sir.....
the point you said correct but, the error am getting is java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application What is the solution for this error. Please,tell me .....great thankful to you
Thank you, Really appreciated
WOW THANK YOU
thanks......it works..........
Thanks a lot for all the assistance. It worked great!!!!
thanks alot
The descriptive string you use is correct, "Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)" It has to be exact, check in the Drivers tab in the ODBC control panel app, mine for example is (.mdb, *.accdb) THIS HELPED ME :)
I dont no how to say thanks :) Really hats off boss great job :) Thanks a ton...........
thanks a lot!
Thanks a lot. It really helped me :-)
THNK U
Thanks a lot. Was looking like [color="#FF0000">mad[/color] for it [color="#FF0000">:)[/color]
thanxxx
thank u sir....
wow.. it works! thanks a ton!
Great thanks a lot for sharing!
Anyone looking for an MS Access ODBC Driver can find one here. Instructions, hints and tips for installing an ODBC Driver to access MS Access can find one here >> http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc-access-driver/getting-started.html
THANK YOU ......... IT IS VERY VERY HELPFUL FOR ME........ ONCE AGAIN THANKS......
Thank You
nice
Wow. Thank you so much
Thank you very much..
Thanks ffor the help i was searching here and there finally i get the solution:)
I am receiving this Error when I am running my MS Database. how to resolve this
i have change the path to %windir%SysWOW64odbcad32.exe and make connection but i still cannot connect to the dbim using win server 2008 r2 64 ms access 2010 32 bit odbc 32 bit connect using php script. can anyone help meee?plssss
Thank You So Much For Code
wow ....it's really work!!!!!!!!!! thak u
thank U sir!!!!!!!
If, like me, none of this made any difference, go to here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=13255I'd just been "upgraded" to office 365, and the Access ODBC drivers were just not to be found. - I ran this download, and in conjunction with using the right version of the admin program (in SysWOW64), I could actually get some work done
I have also check with every possibilities but still it's not working.. I am getting error - The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application .Can anyone please help me i'm using window 7 64 bit
Thank you very Much for Short outing my problem. :)
I don't no how to say thanks , i was spent almost 2 hrs finally it got fixed :) Really hats off dear great job keep it up:)
when i have save my data in ms access using programm then give error msg or runtime exception that driver jdbcOdbc class not found...
thank you..... :D
ThanK u sir........
but i didnot get mdb & accdb only i get mdb
thank you so much sir..........
Thanks!
Thanks!
I use a database called DBA Manufacturing at work that is a Firebird 32 bit program. I have MS Access 2013 on a 64 bit Dell computer. I have both the 32 and 64 bit Firebird ODBC drivers installed on the computer. Before I installed the 64 bit driver, I had the 32 bit ODBC DSN connection testing OK, but Access would not connect. After I installed the 64 bit driver, the 32 bit connection does not test OK and neither does the 64 bit connection. Although I can see both drivers in the control panel (uninstall programs) they both have exactly the same name except the notation at the end as to the bit size. When I look in the drivers tab of the ODBC Data Source Administrator, only one Firebird/InterBase (r) driver is listed. How do I tell DBA to use the 32 and Access to use the 64 bit drivers??
The same I did as explained. But for me it shows "ClassNotFoundException"
Your great,good job
thank uu..
Thanks Very much sir
Thanks a lot.. it worked :)
Thanks!! It is very useful link
thank you so much
Thank You So Much By Abdul Gafoor Pallikkara
Thank You...............
Thanks!
Hey , I have no words to say u thanks. Thank you so much...
Thank you so much for the timely support
Thank you so much for the timely support
thanks
Please me! I have windows server 2012 R2 DataCenter 64bit operating system with MS Office 2013 Professional Plus 64bit installed, I also installed Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 as my development platform. I have an access database named DrugList located at path("FDss App StoreDispensing SystemDrugList.accdb" Now, the trouble I have is that the ConnestionString to the database returns the error [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. then connectionstring i wrotes is as follows: Public Cn As New ADDOB.Connection 'Declared at module level Public Const StrPath As String = "F:Dss App StoreDispensing SystemDrugList.accdb" then added a routine procedure Public Sub OpenCon() If Cn.State = 1 Then Cn.Close() Cn.ConnectionStrin = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;DataSourse=" & StrPath Cn.CursorLocation = ADDOB.cursorlocationEnum.adUseServer Cn.Open() End Sub How do I solve this error or what went wrong with the setup in the first place?
thank you is very helpfull from guru
Great Web. I have great help from this website.
Who is these? Who gives us most useful answer. Thanks buddy....