Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

SubQuery Wont Show Table

Hello,

I'm running a trial version of YF 7.1 and I'm trying to create sub- queries with data from my db.

There is any limitation with Firebird 1.5 or Jaybird?

I would like to create an append sub-query to show in different columns the amount of seed bags produced in each year (2013 e 2014), just as the example of the sky team db...

Also tried inner join, but without success.

YF was installed with the native DB for evaluation in a windows 7, x64, and running the application on Firefox 34.0

Here is the SQL generated by YF:

SELECT
T0.C0,
T0.C1,
T1.C0
FROM (
SELECT DISTINCT
"CSLOTE"."IDCULTURA" AS C0,
SUM("CSLOTE"."NREMBALAGENS") AS C1
FROM "CSLOTE"
WHERE (
"CSLOTE"."YESAFRA" = 2013
)
GROUP BY
"CSLOTE"."IDCULTURA"

) T0
LEFT OUTER JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCT
SUM("CSLOTE"."NREMBALAGENS") AS C0,
"CSLOTE"."IDCULTURA" AS C1
FROM "CSLOTE"
WHERE (
"CSLOTE"."YESAFRA" = 2014
)
GROUP BY
"CSLOTE"."IDCULTURA"

) T1
ON T0.C0 = T1.C1
Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the issue over here and it looks like I've been able to, my append sub-query didn't work for a report based on a Firebird 1.5 data source.

I don't know exactly what error you were getting but I'll assume it's the same as mine. (If you would email us your yellowfin log file then we'll know for certain whether they are the same.)

So I have raised support task for this issue, the support task ID is 182579 and has been added to the agenda for the next developers' meeting in early January.

Just for the record, could you please tell us what Firebird driver version you are using.

regards,
Dave

Hello Dave,

1. I didn't know the support email, so I've attached the log file here.

2. Jaybird version is the last one... 2.2.5

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver file:/C:/Yellowfin%207.1/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/jaybird-full-2.2.5.jar

Thank you

Henrique
Hi Henrique,

I've got some good news for you, as you know previously I got the same error as you when attempting a sub-query in a report based on a Firebird 1.5 data source, however, I just set up a VM with the latest Firebird (2.5) and the latest driver (2.2.5) and then created a report with an append sub-query (I used the Firebird example database called EMPLOYEE.FDB) and there were no errors!

Forum image

So please upgrade your Firebird to the latest version and the sub-query issue should be resolved. Please let us know how you get on with this.

(by the way, the support email address is support@yellowfinbi.com)

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I appreciated your help. Changing FB version is on schedule for some day. But as you might know, it's not an easy task.

Thank you!