Yellowfin CEO, Glen Rabie, helped launch Yellowfin 7 at the semiannual “Yellowfin Day” at a crowded auditorium in Akihabara, a district in the Chiyoda ward of Tokyo.
For a detailed overview of Yellowfin 7’s key features and functions – including video, presentation and image materials – GO HERE >
“I would like to say ‘thank you’ to the KMSI team for organizing today’s event – we are seeing great recognition and success here and worldwide,” said Rabie during his opening address at last week’s conference.
Rabie explained to representatives from over 120 corporations that Yellowfin 7 focused on developing and delivering three key areas: A beautiful and intuitive user interface; a balance between the needs of enterprise IT and Data Discovery end-users; and a brilliant analytical experience to enable fast fact-based insight.
“Yellowfin has always aimed at improving user adoption,” said Rabie. “One way to help achieve this goal is by enabling data consumers with a stunningly beautiful user interface that’s not only intuitive, but a joy to use.
“The second area that we are focusing on is the fine balance between the needs of enterprise IT and self-service users. We want to make sure our end-users can easily access the data they need to make decision. At the same time, we want to ensure that IT has the appropriate levels of control and data governance.
“Lastly, but most importantly, we want to ensure that our users have a brilliant analytic experience. One that gives them real insight into their data.”
To support those three ambitions, Rabie said the Yellowfin 7 included five major areas of enhancement: Improved content creation, multi-chart formatting, enriched administration, as well as new collaborative decision-making and Mobile BI capabilities.
Rabie said that the major enhancements to Yellowfin’s Mobile BI capabilities included:
- The integration of Storyboard into Yellowfin’s native iPad application
- The introduction of Yellowfin’s browse functionality into its native iPhone application
- A restyled user interface for increased navigability
- The ability to create BI content, via the browser, on any mobile device
Rabie said that Yellowfin 7 introduced a series of decision widgets to Timeline – Yellowfin’s personalized Facebook-esc feed, which catalogs a users’ activities within Yellowfin in real-time – to boost user engagement and make collaborative decision-making even easier.
“With these enhancements, we want to help engage users in the decision-making process – to bring human experience and data together to assist our customers to make the best decisions possible,” said Rabie.
“A huge expense of any BI project is the ongoing cost of administration and development, rather than software license fees,” said Rabie. “According to Gartner, BI administration and management makes up around 70 percent of the total cost of ownership.
“With this release, we looked at how we could reduce this ongoing cost for our clients by improving and streamlining administrative features and functionality.”
Major changes to Yellowfin’s administrative capabilities in Yellowfin 7 include:
- A streamlined administration console that condenses all of Yellowfin’s key management features in one place
- Key user metrics – including number of users, logins as well as dashboard and report views – to enable administrators to easily optimize the management and usage of their Yellowfin environment
- Built-in help to assist administrators to quickly understand the purpose and potential of Yellowfin’s overhauled administration console
“Some of the biggest changes in Yellowfin 7 relate to the way in which users can author reports,” said Rabie. “We have brought Data Discovery into Yellowfin.”
Yellowfin’s new report builder includes:
- A new interface for highly intuitive report building and ad-hoc analysis, which streamlines the steps required to create BI content
- An all-new content creation canvas on which any selected fields are instantaneously visualized, enabling users to immediately see the result of their actions and attain instant insight
- Enhanced formatting controls that make reporting content easier to configure for mass distribution, helping Yellowfin customers keep their content consistent with corporate styling demands
- Advanced help features that empower more people to author BI content
Rabie said that Yellowfin’s aim was to enable people of all business backgrounds to build, explore and analyze analytic content.
“A recent study from Aberdeen Research has shown that 74% of best-in-class companies enable their end-users to conduct independent analysis,” said Rabie. “We wanted this for our customers too.”
Lastly, Rabie said that Yellowfin’s new multi-chart capability was another important addition to Yellowfin 7’s new content creation process, “enabling end-users to create sophisticated independent analysis.”
“Yellowfin 7’s multi-chart capabilities allow users to create many charts from a single dataset, enabling fast data exploration and analysis from multiple perspectives,” said Rabie.
Like to find out more?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information. If you haven’t yet had a personalized demonstration of Yellowfin 7, simply register your details HERE >
Keen to try Yellowfin for yourself? To get started with Yellowfin today, simply visit www.yellowfinbi.com and click “Try It”.
Yellowfin is a global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics software vendor passionate about making BI easy. Yellowfin is headquartered and developed in Melbourne, Australia, offering a highly intuitive 100 percent Web-based reporting and analytics solution. Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is a leader in mobile, collaborative and embeddable BI as well as Location Intelligence and data visualization. For more information, visit www.yellowfinbi.com
For further media information, interviews, images or product demonstration, please contact:
Lachlan James, Communications Manager on +61 (0)3 8617 4954, +61 (0)431 835 658 or email@example.com