Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Email when broadcast fails – not working in 7.2?

Hi,

In v7.1 there was an option to have an email sent when a broadcast report failed for all or some of the recipients.
That functionality does not seem to be available/working in v7.2.

Am I missing the setting in v7.2, or has it been moved? Or removed?

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris

I hope all is well,

Would you be able to provide me with the exact builds of each of the versions you have mentioned. Having received this information I can move forward and try to replicate this myself.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

The v7.1 we were using was the June 2016 build: filename: yellowfin-20160701-update.exe

The v7.2 we upgraded to was the Current Code Version: 20160728

Regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

Would you be referring to the settings below:

Forum image

I have looked through the Configuration settings and this option is available on both builds of Yellowfin. If not could you please clear this up with screenshots if you can and any other information.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Chris,

Would you be referring to the settings below:

Forum image

I have looked through the Configuration settings and this option is available on both builds of Yellowfin. If not could you please clear this up with screenshots if you can and any other information.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

In v7.1 the config option was "send an email on broadcast failure", and then you filled in an email address.

I have found the option in v7.2 that you have pictured in your screenshot.
The setting we had from v7.1 did not upgrade with v7.2
Looks like we now have to select a group to assign a task to. It was simpler just to add an email address to send to.
I'll assign a group and see if we get correct functionality.

Regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

If you can try that then get back to me I would appreciate this. From what I can see this may be the way forward within Yellowfin for security improvement reasons.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

I have adjusted the setting, but I'm still not getting failure emails/Task assignment.

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,

As mentioned above I think this could be the way forward within Yellowfin for security improvement reasons and for easy accessibility for User Admins to find whilst in Yellowfin as opposed to going through emails for Broadcast errors etc.

With your testing can I question whether or not you assigned an Administrator to a group and then placed this user within the 'Broadcast Failure Task Recipient' box? if so did you check your Tasks folder to see if this was placed there? - assuming you had a failed broadcast.

I await your reply on this, as it appears I might have to discuss this with our Dev Team to get some clarification and to see if we can look into having this feature brought back as it was within 7.1.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

I think I have figured out the issue.

Under the old version, an email was sent to our support box with failure info.
Under the new version, a task is assigned to a group (with people in it).

We do not use the collaboration part of Yellowfin. None of the Tasks, Timelines, etc. was ever activated.

I have activated the Task part for the Admin role. I'll monitor for failures and see if a Task is now assigned.

Are there other parts of collaboration that need to be activated? Or will Tasks by itself do the job?

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,

Nothing else would be needed, if you have a failed broadcast this will be tasked to the Admin and you should see all info within this. If you can keep me updated on this I would appreciate this.

Regards,
Mark