Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Filter Maximized When Changing Tabs

I have a report setup with a second tab. I'd like to keep the filter minimized since it will rarely be used; however, when switching from the second tab back to the main tab, the filter is maximized automatically. I think this should be fixed so the filter remains as-is when switching tabs.

Jason
Hi Jason,

Thanks for sending this in. There are a couple of different ways in which you could set up a tabbed report in Yellowfin? Could you be a bit more specific about how exactly you're going about setting up your report? A screenshot here would be really useful. Thanks in advance!

-Conner
Conner,

My second report was added under the Tabbed Co-Display section of Related Reports. Below is a screenshot of the report.

Forum image
Jason
Jason,

I think I've got some good news for you! It's tough tell exactly what build you're on from that screenshot, but you should have functionality for this available. In the Filter Formatting section of the Output tab, there is an option called Minimize Filter Selection. This should suppress the filter pane when the report first loads.

Forum image

Another solution that may be appealing is to use the Left Side Nav option for the Filter Display. This can be selected under the Format section of the Filter Formatting tab.

Please let us know if this doesn't give you the functionality you need, and we'll try to work something else out.

Thanks,

-Conner
Conner,

The Minimize Filter option only does what it says; hide the filters on first load. Once you return from the second tab, it's maximized again. However, using the Left Side Nav option works good for me.

Thank you,

Jason