Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Is date range filter in freehand SQL avaiable

Dear Yellowfin Team,

I have a couple of questions regarding the freehand SQL report.

a. Can I name the filter instead of having 'filter 1' on my screen?

b. Is a date range filter (between date 1 and date 2) available in freehand SQL?

Such as: select * from client where servicedate is less than {?} and greater than {?}

c. Is it possible to add some answers in the filter list so that the user can choose the answer for the filter instead of typing it?

Thanks,

Cathy
Hi Cathy,

Thank you for sending in the questions regarding freehand SQL reports. Here is some information that I think should be helpful:

Question A: Can I name the filter instead of having 'filter 1' on my screen?

This can be accomplished by changing the filter description.

To do this click on the filter drop down of Filter 1 and click Format:

Forum image

Then Type a new name in the Description field

Forum image

The filter name should change:

Forum image

Question B:Is a date range filter (between date 1 and date 2) available in freehand SQL?

Here is how you can accomplish this using your example syntax:

SELECT * FROM client WHERE servicedate BETWEEN {?} AND {?}

Question C:Is it possible to add some answers in the filter list so that the user can choose the answer for the filter instead of typing it?

This is currently possible using custom sql filter queries (found under the Filter Formatting option menu) to generate cached filter values.

However, this option isn't available to freehand SQL report date filters. I've gone ahead and opened a task for this:

TASK ID #202669

In the meantime if you are interested in this functionality, you will need to use the drag and drop report builder to accomplish this.

Hopefully, this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin