Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

JspException if upgraded to jasper-reports 5.5.2

I'm currently running version 6.1 ( which is what is required for now) and trying to upgrade the jasper-reports from 4.5.0 to 5.5.2.

I included the jasperreports dependency as follows

net.sf.jasperreports
jasperreports

But after the upgrade, if I run yellowfin, I get the following exception:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:798)
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:506)
com.hof.jsp.index_005fmi_jsp._jspService(index_005fmi_jsp.java:183)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
com.healthcloud.server.filter.TextReportUrlFilter.doFilter(TextReportUrlFilter.java:32)
com.healthcloud.server.filter.ReplaceCSSJavascriptFilter.doFilter(ReplaceCSSJavascriptFilter.java:27)
com.healthcloud.server.filter.ReplaceReferencesFilter.doFilter(ReplaceReferencesFilter.java:32)
com.healthcloud.server.filter.KeepAliveFilter.doFilter(KeepAliveFilter.java:118)

Could someone please help, if I am missing anything?
And I see the following in the yellowfin log:

YF:2014-09-29 11:46:45:ERROR (Digester:getParser) - Digester.getParser:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This parser does not support specification "null" version "null"
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.setSchema(SAXParserFactory.java:419)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getFactory(Digester.java:541)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:791)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:1068)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1916)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initServlet(ActionServlet.java:1433)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:466)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:827)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:438)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:421)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.throwable(StandardHostValve.java:270)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Hi and sorry for the delayed response.

When updating the Jasper reports, you will also need to ensure you update the Jasper..jar file in the Yellowfin 7appserverwebappsROOTWEB-INFlib folder, so that it matches the same version of your Jasper Report.
I'm not exactly sure where or why you changed the value? Have you had to do this in the past?

I did test 5.5.2 just a few months ago, and can confirm it works in YF 6.2 + releases.

If you can create a test JasperReport based on a data source we can use here in the office we can also test this for you. This will allow us to test that particular report with our versions of YF here in the office, I will even test this in 6.1 for you, though if this issue is related to 6.1, there is little we can do as it's no longer supported.

The following post may also give some additional info and help:YellowFin Jasper Reporting "Error retrieving results"

Please let me know how it all goes.

Regards,
David