Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Stored Procedure Source Filter With Multiple Results

I have a Department source filter set up that works great on standard views. Some managers have multiple entries in the filter since they manage multiple departments.

I'm having trouble getting this to work correctly on a stored procedure. Only the first result from the source filter table is returned. So if a manager is in multiple departments, only one of those departments is returned to the stored procedure. Is there anyway I can get this to work?

I tried creating a table parameter in my stored procedure in the hope that YF would pass a table of values back to the procedure; however, it doesn't appear that YF accepts a parameter type of "Table". When creating a view based on this idea, I get an "Operand Type Clash" error on the parameter.

Thank you for your help,

Jason
Hi Jason,

Thanks for sending in the question. I did some testing in the most recent build of Yellowfin 7.2 and I am experiencing what you have described. My gut feeling is that this is a bug but I need to check with our development team so that I can find out more. I believe that the source filter should be returning all of the results defined in the source filter and not just the first value.

Anyway, I'll get back with you as soon as I know more. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions here.

Kind Regards,

Dustin
Hi Jason,

Just following up here.

After some further testing, I just wanted to let you know that I've raised a bug for this issue for our development team to investigate (Task ID - 236004).

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

Kind Regards,

Dustin