Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Understanding the Licence Details page

Updated documentation can now be found via our YF community HERE

The licence details page under Administration > Licence Details contains information regarding your licence details.

Forum image

You can get information for each parameter by clicking on the parameter name.

E.g.

Forum image

Alternatively, you can access the same details by going to the licence details box via the info.jsp page.

e.g http://localhost:80/info.jsp

You will need to scroll down to the Licence Details section.

Forum image

If you have any licencing concerns, or simply after a new licence, please contact your YF account manager directly, or or alternatively email [color=”#0000FF”>sales@yellowfin.bi[/color] with detailed information on your current licence and query.

Why do I get a message ‘Your licence has been breached’ ?

This usually means that a licence parameter has been breached, e.g. Too many users, licence installed on a different machine.

In order to identify which parameter has been breached, please send across a copy of your licence details to [color=”#2C36EA”>support@Yellowfin.bi[/color].

See question below for related questions, and identifying which area of the licence needs to be looked at.

Why do I have a warning triangles in the licence details?

E.g

Forum image

When you see an exclamation trianlge, it means this area of Yellowfin needs to be looked at, as you may have breached your licence.

In the example above, the expiry date of the licence has passed. I also have 3 more report consumers than allowed, 29 writers and 27 dashboard users. In order to rectify this, I need a new licence with a valid expiry date, and to either delete the extra Yellowfin users/dashboards, or request the licence file to be changed.

NOTE: If you have this symbol next to ‘Multicast’, it simply means multicast functionality has been disabled. You will be able to login to Yellowfin, and use all areas.

What is Multi-cast for?

Multicast is used for broadcasting & using report web service functions.

If this is enabled, you will be able to broadcast reports to ‘unnamed’ users.

Eg. Broadcast to an email address that doesn’t belong to a user in Yellowfin.

You will also be able to broadcast reports to an FTP site.

Reporting web services will allow you to display reports in your own application/page and use DashXML.

Admin web services (Eg. SSO) are still valid without a multicast licence.

Why do I have a number in brackets for consumers?

Technically, in Yellowfin there are 2 types of users; readers, and writers.

(Dashboard users are just readers with dashboard access).

The number in the brackets is the number of consumers you can still use in your installation. If you look at the first screenshot you can see that :

Consumers = 198 (265)

Writers = 99

You can also see that there are already 32 writers in use.

So the formula is :

‘Consumers + Writers’ – Current writers in use.

198 + 99 – 32 = (265)

How does concurrent users work?

Please see post below:

Concurrent Users

Why do I have Licence Breach: Sysdate Skew detected when I try to login ?

Please see the post below

Sysdate Skew detected

Why do I have Licence Breach: Event Count Check!

Please see post below:

Event Count Check

Hi, I have a question regarding DashXML.

As I read this post, I need a Multicast license in order to use DashXML – and any other broadcasting or report web service functionality.

Does this mean that DashXML, scheduling, broadcasting, webservice (and what else?) is not available if I have named user or server license – not even for the registered yellowfin users?

If this is the case, do you have en overview of license type agains functionality that you could distribute to your partners, since this deviates from the “easy BI” philosophy that there is only one license, that we have been telling our customers and prospects, and we need this detailed information in order to retain the trust of the clients, so we do not sell them a license that cannot deliver the promised functionality.

Cheers

Jesper (danish partner)