Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

7.1 to 7.2 Update broke my header!

Had a custom header built for 7.1 The header was inserted at the installer level as the "standard" header. After updating to 7.2 (Build 20160428) using the windows update installer, the header can no longer be accessed.

I have tried to add it as a custom header in the configuration menu as well, and I get a similar issue.

If I do another installation, and add the header as custom, it works fine.

I've attached the header file jsp to this post.

Screenshot of issue (Note header bar)

Forum image
Hi Justin,

I hope all is well,

Can you confirm the following to help us resolve this issue:

-Can you access the .jsp via the browser
-Have you considered the case sensitivity of these file names
-Can you confirm the link path is correct - I suspect this could play a big part in this issue.

I have included our 'Custom Header & Footer' wiki link with regards to how we go about editing/creating these options. It might be worth just double checking this:

Custom Header & Footer Link

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

The custom header file is in the ROOT directory.

case sensitivity is an exact match.

Attempting to access the header file directly results in this error:
[code]Error: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file
The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Stacktrace:
At:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:439)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:356)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:334)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:321)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
com.hof.servlet.BrowserHeaderFilter.doFilter(BrowserHeaderFilter.java:43)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/code]
The problem with my issue was an out of date version of Tomcat or Apache or some other system within the file directory below the appserver folder but above the ROOT directory.

I made a clean install of yellowfin and copied the Appserver directory to my prod, and then replaced the contents of ROOT. My header was fixed, as was all java issues.

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.