Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Axis labels are cutoff in a dashboard portlet

Hello,

I'm working in Yellowfin 7.1. I Created a sectioned report that displays data for multiple years (2012 and 2013). The report has a column chart, and everything displays fine per the attached picture, including the year labels for the Horizontal axis. However, when the report is placed in a dashboard portlet, the report appears to cutoff the bottom of the chart displaying the year labels. The only way to display this data is to manually scroll down the report within the portlet. I've tried re sizing the portlet window, however it always scales to cutoff at the bottom of the chart per the attached picture. Is there any way to display the full chart for the first section value upon dashboard load, and without requiring any additional scrolling?

Thank you.

Steve
Good Morning Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you,

To answer your question the dashboard contains portlets (the little boxes) where the reports can be added.

These portlets can be resized vertically only, as its the only way to make sure it all fits. If you make report portlets too wide it will blow out the dashboard layout. The dashboard automatically sets the report width, which cannot be changed.

If you would like to contain a chart that is quite detailed you will need to use one of the bigger portlets and then drag the portlet down to increase the height.

Also note, tables will have scroll bars if the table is quite large, however charts will be resized to fit in the portlet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Adam