Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Cannot export report with binary image column

Hi !

I built a report with a text column and a binary data column. I have set MIME type as "image" in column formatting, therefore report display image(s) in this column. But I cannot export the report either PDF or DOC format. I got following error when I try to export as PDF, I couldn't see any error for DOC export. However, export works fine for RTF format. Please let me know if you need more details for your investigation.

Error: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/xhtmlrenderer/pdf/ITextRenderer
At:
com.hof.mi.export.PdfExporter.A(PdfExporter.java:436)
com.hof.mi.export.PdfExporter.export(PdfExporter.java:311)
com.hof.mi.process.MIReportProcess.exportPdf(MIReportProcess.java:21213)
com.hof.mi.web.action.MIReportPreviewAction.execute(MIReportPreviewAction.java:722)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
com.hof.servlet.BrowserHeaderFilter.doFilter(BrowserHeaderFilter.java:43)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
com.tramada.servlet.TramadaYFp3pFilter.doFilter(TramadaYFp3pFilter.java:38)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thanks
Supun
Hello Supun,

Sorry to see that you are having some issue exporting this particular report. For issues similar to this, when
you are experiencing errors, it is probably better to send them directly to support@yellowfin.bi for handling
and investigation. We are trying to keep the forum usage for general 'how to' inquiries, etc.

Can you provided screenshots of your report (output page) and formatting option for the column MIMI?
What version and build of YF are you using?

Lastly, can you zip up and send in all of the YF log files?

You can send these to the support email above and reference this forum post if you would like.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your reply. I was advised earlier by Yellowfin to create a forum post instead of emailing an issue as it might helpful for others. However, I will provide details as requested.

Thank you
Supun
Hi Supun,

No worries at all and sorry that you received mixed messages. I think the general rule
of thumb is that any time you have issues that involve system error messages in which
we will require log files, screenshots, etc it is best to send those through on email.

I will look for your email.

Thank you,

Kyle
How was this fixed?
Hi guest,

This issue was determined to be a defect and has been passed along to the Dev team for review.
The defect is ID# 192053 and was related to an updated jar file in the pdf exporter, and it not being be compatible
with all versions of java. We hope to have this fixed soon.

Thank you,

Kyle