Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Can’t see “Visible Unit Selection” in chart settings

I have a layered column chart with a date and two value series. I want to add the option for the user to view by day/week/month at the top of the chart.

But in Chart Settings there is no option to set "Visible Unit Selection" ON.
There is also nothing that refers to Time Series.

This report has 3 sub queries - does this affect the functionality?
Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for posting, and I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty setting up your time series chart. Sub queries shouldn't effect time series functionality.

For your benefit, below is a video outlining how to configure time series functionality. The video also covers visible unit selection and should help you configure these settings.

Introduction to time series charts

Also, here are guides from our wiki outlining Time Series:

Time Series

Hopefully this information helps and if you continue to experience problems please let us know. Be sure to include your current build of Yellowfin so that we can better solve your problem. To check the build of Yellowfin you are using go to System Information under Administration > Admin Console > System Information.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
HI Dustin,

Thank you for your reply. I've actually looked at the wiki and video already, but I get stuck at the very first step where you set the time series on. That option is not available for my date field.

This report was migrated from an earlier version of yellowfin, could that have anything to do with it?

Regards,

Gerri
Hi Gerri,

Time Series functionality shouldn't be disabled if report is imported from an earlier version of Yellowfin. There are two things that come to my mind that could help:

1. Could you verify that you have selected a Chart Type? If you leave the chart set to Auto Chart, the Time Series option will not be available. As soon as you set the chart to something like line or column, you will be able to turn Time Series on or off.

2. If that doesn't work, you may need to check and see if the date value you are attempting to use is actually considered a 'Date' by Yellowfin and not a VARCHAR. Sometimes data is imported as something other than a date and can disable a lot of Yellowfin's Date/Time functionality. You will need to edit the View of your data in order to do this.

Please let me know if any of this information helps or if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:
Gerri,

I just noticed that you mentioned using a Layered Column chart. Unfortunately Time Series functionality isn't available to all chart types to include Layered Column. If you test a chart using a traditional column chart you should see the Time Series option.

I apologize for not noticing that sooner!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us: