Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Chart drill down not working in Active mode

Hello. I am having an issue with chart drill down working correctly between report Draft and Active modes. I created a hierarchy on my Category dimension, and would like to click on a slice in a Pie Chart to drill down to my Program dimension values accordingly. This functionality works fine while the report is in draft mode, however while in Active mode, all charts display the error screen displaying the grayed out empty chart and unhappy face images. I've tried this workflow in both Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.
Steve,

Sorry to hear about your problem with the drill down option not working once you have activated your report.

Can you tell us which version of YF you are using and which build?

Did this just start happening? Were you able to accomplish this task in the past?

Have you made any recent changes to your YF environment?

Let us know and we will attempt to replicate it on our end.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,
I am using the just released 7.1 environment (non-BETA). This is the first time I've attempted this workflow.

Thanks,

Steve
Hi Kyle,
I am using the just released 7.1 environment (non-BETA). This is the first time I've attempted this workflow.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,

I was unable to replicate your issue in 7.1 on our end.

I will pass this on and have someone else take a look to
see if there is something that I've missed or if there is something else we
might need from you.

Thanks for your patience.

Kyle

Steve,

Can you do two things for us?

First, can you see if you can drill-down on only the table - when it's activated - just leave the chart out
for now?

Lastly, can you send through your YF log files?

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I was not able to drill-down on the table either after removing the chart. However, I came across an error screen related to the KPI setup I configured on the report. I turned off the KPI, and the charts are now working correctly. I can successfully drill-down on the charts while the report status is Active, and displayed in a dashboard. I'm still curious why this did not work, so I'm attaching log files for my last couple of sessions to see if you can decipher the technical explanation. I want to make sure I understand what not to do in the future.

Please let me know what you find out.

Thank you.

Steve
Steve,

Seems like the issue is tied to your KPI set up. What are the particular settings
related to your KPI?? Is it possible to send a screenshot through??

Then hopefully we can shed some light on what is happening.

Thanks,

Kyle