Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Chart label cut off

Hi. I have a report added to a dashboard which contains a chart with labels and the top of the label is cut off as shown in the picture below. Resizing the section on the dashboard just increases the size and doesn't resolve the issue. I'm using 7.0 build 20140825.

Forum image

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

I just wondered if we could get a little more information from you as I am having trouble replicating your issue.

Does this only happen when the chart is viewed in the dashboard? How does it appear on the chart output page?
Are there other charts in the dashboard and how many? Which dashboard layout have you used?

If it is possible, a screenshot of the dashboard page would be great so that I can try and replicate a similar dashboard here. If the dashboard contains sensitive material and you would prefer not to place it on the forum you can email it through to [color="#3594da">support@yellowfin.bi[/color]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Katie

Hi Katie,

Yes it only happens on the dashboard, it displays fine in the chart output page. It looks the same when viewing the dashboard in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

There are three charts in the dashboard. One above and one below. Also I'm using the single column layout.

Here is a larger pic showing the base of the above report and the top of the below report.

Forum image

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the extra information, I have managed to replicate your issue and it looks like you have uncovered a bug. I will just need to speak with our dev team tomorrow about this.

While I was trying to replicate the issue, I think I may have a possible work around in the interim.

When I had the font size set to a small size the label used a flat line to link the label to the data in the pie section. When I then viewed the chart in the dashboard the label was cropped.

Forum image

I then tested increasing the font size of the label.

Forum image

Using the increased font size and then viewing the report in the dashboard, the line linking to the data in the pie section was now bent and the label was accommodated in the portal.

Forum image

Let me know how you go with the work around and I will be in contact tomorrow once I have spoken to our dev team.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Hi Michael,

Just an update regarding the labels being cut. I have spoken with the dev team and this has been raised as a support task (Product Defect: 172990).

I hope the work around is providing an interim solution for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or I can assist further with your request.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Hi Katie,

Thanks for the workaround. I've increased the size of the font to 14 and it looks alright now. Although it is not optimal it's better than being chopped off!

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,

I just wanted to give you an update on the status of the task that we created (TASK ID: 172990). This has now been tested and fixed and should be available in this end of month's patch.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Excellent. Thanks Katie.