Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Clean YellowfinBI usage

Our Yellowfin BI instance is 10 months old.
Since today we are using the Content and User audit reports to monitor the usage of Yellowfin.

Because there is a lot of garbage(not representive info) in the audit data before today, we would like to clean this up, by deleting all YellowfinBI audit data.

How can I accomplish this?
Regards,
Peter
Hi Peter,

On the surface, deleting stale data sounds like a good idea, but as it pertains to Yellowfin, it probably isn't a great move.

The audit reports are built from the Yellowfin configuration database which does much more than just audit data. Every configuration within Yellowfin is controlled by this database and by deleting old table data you severely risk damaging your Yellowfin instance.

I would recommend building audit reports with filters that weed out unwanted data (using fields like 'Event Date') rather than digging into the DB and trying to remove rows altogether. The risk in my opinion probably isn't worth it.

Hopefully this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin
Hi Peter,

Here is a forum post that might be of interest to you. It doesn't involve deleting rows, but it does outline steps that can be taken to clean up the event/eventarchive table within the configuration database.

We thought you might find it useful:

How to configure the Event Archive time

Hopefully it is. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Dustin