Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Client side custom login

We are trying to explore different mechanisms for creating a custom login strategy for Yellowfin integration with our application.
I beleive its possible to integrate with YF any �Third Party Authentication� using custom forms where-in YF login page would allow user to login using our application account, and then after successful authorisation and authentication, user is directed to YF dashboards etc URLs.

Could you give some pointers/ document links on how this can be achieved ? Any code samples for this would be very helpful.
Hi

There are a few different ways that you can configure custom login's with Yellowfin.

Customisation of the standard Yellowfin Login Page can be performed in two ways either the simple or complete. I have attached a link to our wiki page that talks through this process and includes some coding examples:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Custom+Login+Page

If you need any further information please let us know.

thanks

Adam
Thanks Adam.
I did go through the link you have provided. It is more focused on client side visual customizations of login page.

However the information I am really seeking is on the lines of following -

1. We would like to SSO our users from our own application login page
2. On successful authorization and authentication, our users can be allowed to access Yellowfin pages.

How can this be achieved? Any samples on this would be greatly appreciated?

Hello,

I've attached the appropriate Link that covers SSO with examples, etc.

Apologizes for the delay in getting back to you on this. If, after reviewing this material, you have additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

Kyle