Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Dashboard default filter in 7.1

Hello,

In YF 6.2 we used to have a way to have to set default filters for the dashboard. So that if I had 2 dashboards that use the same reports I could have different data by setting the default filters.

Forum image

I can't find the same options in YF 7.1. Was that removed?
Do I need to enable this somewhere else?
Hi Gadi,

Thanks for sending this question in, sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting the default filter values. In my examples below, I used the Analysis dashboard tab that comes with the Ski Team tutorial database.

After getting your dashboard tab into Edit mode, click the Analytic Setup button. (It looks like two chain links) In the pane on the left, select the report you want to have default filter values for. Then, make sure that each of the filters are enabled under the Filter Display section. After enabling some of these, the little Filter icon should appear next to the Analytic Setup button.

Forum image

Once you enter the Filter Settings, you should be able to select the individual filter values that you wish to set the defaults for, and proceed from there. This screen should look pretty similar to the dialog box that is in 6.2.

Forum image

Hopefully this gets you on your way to setting default filters just how you like them. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do, or if we've misinterpreted your question.

Thanks!

-Conner

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
Hi Conner,

That still doesn't work for me. I made sure I followed your steps.

I do have the Analytic Setup done correctly.

Forum image

But then when I go to the Filter Setting and I select my "Component" filter, I do not see the option for Default Value as you show in your example.

Forum image

What am I missing?
Any updates?
Hi Gadi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Hmmm, I wonder if there is something unique about the way your Component filter is set up.

This issue sounds like it would be better suited for our more formal Support channel. Could you please send an email to us at support@yellowfin.bi? This will allow us to better track the case and provide a more comprehensive response on our end.

In your email, could you provide some screenshots of precisely how your Component filter is set up? How is it structured? Does it use the freehand SQL builder? Is there anything else "unusual" about how it is constructed? Also, if you could include a link to this forum post that would be helpful too. It's always nice to have a digital trail to follow.

Thank you for your patience, hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

-Conner

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4

I thought this forum was digital but I will go ahead and send my question via email.