Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

DashXML report not rendering – error code 23

To whom this may concern:

We have a report that sometimes loads, and sometimes doesn't, through dash xml.

When it's not loading, while initialising the dashboards in the DefinitionCache object, inside the loadContent method, you have the lines:

[code]
ReportProcess rp = new ReportProcess(username, password);

i4Report i4 = rp.LoadReport(e);
[/code]

The i4Report comes back null (when the report isn't loading). So we get the error message "The report set in the configuration file was not found in the Yellowfin server"

That is in the initialiseDashboards method while loading the content. We are overriding a few things that DashXML comes with out of the box, so we can still load reports even if all of them didn't get loaded in the initialiseDashboards method.

Then in the AjaxServlet, the report is loaded using a ReportProcess object, in this line

[code]
i4 = var34.LoadReport(report.getUUID());
[/code]

and if you step into that function, you have the line

[code]
reportInstance = new i4Report(report, this, this.username, this.password, "", this.username, this.password, "");
[/code]

Inside the i4Report constructor, you do a web service request in the following line:

[code]
ReportServiceResponse rs = this.reportProcess.doWebServicesRequest(rsr);
[/code]

That rs object has an error code of 23, and rs.getReportUUID returns null.

The thing that is difficult to understand is.....it's always the same report, and it sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't. It's a report that takes a fair amount of time to execute. Could it be timing out, and then once it times out, that result gets cached and continues to time out? And what does error code 23 mean?

If you could shed any light on the subject, I would be grateful.