Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

DashXML – run custom javascript in customhtml tag

Is there a way to run custom JavaScript with DashXML, specifically in the customhtml tag?

If I just put a script tag inside the custom html tag, the script tag doesn't get rendered when the page loads. I'm assuming you scrub the html and take out script tags, possibly for security reasons.

What I'm trying to do is put a custom report widget on the page with data from my own database, not the yellowfin database. So I need to make an api call to get the data and then render the report widget. Is there any way to do this?

So, this is kinda what I'm doing:

[code]

some-class

I'm trying to put a script tag here to
render the custom-report div as
a custom widget, but when the page
loads, it doesn't show up on the page.

[/code]
Hi,

Have you had any reply regarding this? Am looking to do a similar thing.

Thanks

Ven
Hi Ven,

I'm going to have to get in touch with some people smarter than me on this one. Hopefully I'll be able to come back with some concrete info for you soon!

Thanks,
-Conner
Hi

I managed to get this solved.

For anyone coming here looking for a solution this is what I ended up having to do:

gaugeContainer

Using the .ready() trigger it all seems to work just fine. Had a few Async issues but that was resolved by using setTimeout function.

Thanks

Ven
Hi Ven,

Glad to hear that you were able to get everything sorted and working! Also, thanks for taking the time to post your findings back here. We, and I'm sure anyone else facing this, really appreciate it!

Best,
-Conner