Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Default filter values selection when using client source substitution

Hi,

We are trying to implement multi-tenant environment in yellowfin.

We have two client orgs with the same dashboard tabs but different data sources. We have created a default org with the necessary reports and tabs and two client orgs with access to the default orgs content. We have used client source substitution such that each client views its own data. The issue encountered is in the selection of default cached filter values on the dashboard tab.

The client that uses the same data source as that used by the default org has all the filter values selected as required.

Forum image

The other client with different data has no default filter values selected.

Forum image

Is there a way we can prescribe default filter values to be selected for individual client orgs in a multi-tenant environment?

Thanks
Hi Asif,

Apologies for the delayed response.

What you�re facing is how data source substitution works, and do not see any way around this.
Default filter values are based on the data returned. This means if using anything where the filter returns different results (ie. Data source substitution, source filters) default filter values cannot be applied.

The only way around this is to create your dashboard/report against the actual data source (without substitution) and set the default.

The problem with default filters, is that you set it up based on a specific set of values. So if that list of values changes, the default values are not longer valid.

E.g.
If I have 2 cached sets based on a region that certain users have access to ;
-User 1 can see Australia
-User 2 can see New Zealand

Now I create a filter �Region� and cache the values.
If I�m user 1, the only default value can be set to �Australia�, if I�m user 2, I can only see New Zealand.
Setting either to the default will not work for both clients. Keeping in mind, they are both using the same report/filter, so you cannot have different settings for the same object based on user.

Sorry for the bad news on this, and please let me know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,
David