Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Disable auto login after browser is closed

Hi all,

Is there a way to configure Yellowfin so that users are always forced to login after closing their browser?

Whilst I am aware this can be done by modifying the settings for cookies within Chrome/Firefox/IE, I would like to be able to do this without the need to have the user modify their browser settings.
Hi,

Thanks for your question, I have looked in to the question asked and the only thing I have found is withing the administation control you do have the ability to stop Yellowfin from remebering the users login credentials.

You can find this in the following location:

Administration > Configuration > Padlock > password settings >Remember me

If you do need any further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Adam
Hi There,

After speaking with some of our developers it turns out that you can disable the logon session cookie, but it does require a configuration change to the Yellowfin database. As always, we recommend backing up your Yellowfin configuration database before making the below changes:

1. Back up your Yellowfin Configuration Database

2. Stop your Yellowfin Service

3. Run the following query against your Yellowfin configuration database:

[code]
UPDATE Configuration
SET ConfigData='NO'
WHERE ConfigCode='LOGONCOOKIE'
[/code]

4. Start your Yellowfin Service

You will notice that when you now close a browser or browser tab, a user will be required to present their credentials again rather than being able to click 'Login Again'.

To reverse this, follow the previous steps but change ConfigData='YES'.

Hopefully this is the information you are looking for. Please let us know if not. Have a great day!

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4