Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Drill through not available on chart with two y axis

Hi,

I am trying to setup a drill through on a chart with two y axis. You will notice that the drill through is available from the data displayed below chart but not on the line chart itself. Can you please advise how to enable a drill through on a line chart with two y axis.

Brad
Hey Brad,

Thank you for posting this in the Forum and for including a screenshot. Can you let us know which
version and build of YF you are using?

Can you also review this Link to be sure you are attempting to set your Drill through up correctly?

In the interim, I will be working on your issue.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I am running:
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20150617
Java Version: 1.8.0_45
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 6.2 (amd64)

Based on the link that you have provided it appears as if drill throughs on combination charts are supported however I am still unable to get this functionality working in our environment.

Regards,
Brad
Hi Brad,

Can you please confirm that you are not utilizing the Time Series option? As per below screenshot.

Forum image

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the update. I can confirm that I am not utilizing the Time Series option.

Regards,
Brad
Hi Brad,

Thank you for confirming this. I guess it's back to square one on this one as I am unable to duplicate this
issue in the latest build of 7.1, using a overlay chart with two y-axis.

Forum image

I'm wondering if this report is included and part of the download of the YF DB dump you provided to David A. on one of your other cases? If so, I can reach out to him to take a look at this one as well to see what is happening with your instance.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Kyle
Hi Brad,

Just giving you an update on this one. I heard back from David A. and he is hoping to take a look at this
one as well, while he is working some of your other issues.

I'll monitor for any news and update this forum post as needed.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi Brad,

I created a Drill Through report using our restoration of your latest YF DB with one of my own Data Sources (because we don't have your data) and the drill through works from both the table and the chart.

In this screenshot I'm clicking the node where month = 2

Forum image

and here is the resulting drill through

Forum image

I can't see from your screenshot so I'll ask you this question: Is every field that is used as a Join field in the Related Reports screen also used as either a filter in the main report or a field in the chart? The reason I ask is because if the answer is no then the drill through on the chart won't work.

Also, can you tell me what setting you've got on Chart Settings->Drill Through->Drill Through Relationship, Automatic or Full?

regards,
David