Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Dynamic URL option

Dear Team,

We have a situation where we need to create a dynamic link based on the location from where the User is coming to the application.

E.g.
There are two applications A and B to manage requests. In both applications there a link through which you go to the Yelllowfin analytics, Indian Users use A and USA users use B; both Indian and USA users have access to Yellowfin Analytics.
Both applications have same database.
In Yellowfin we have a report which shows list of requests.

Requirement : We need to create a hyperlink on the request id in such a way that, when Indian users click on the link they should be directed to Application A and when USA users clicks on it they should be directed to application B.
In other words if you come to Yellowfin analytics from application A then when you click on the request URL , it should take you back to Application A and same in case of application B-Yellowfin Analytics- Back to Application B.

Can you please provide your input on the same.

Thanks,
Mayur
Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the post.
This is going to be a tricky one I think.

I am under the impression that there is no way to do this by default and may require you to perform some custom development.

Assume I am a USA user and I've already arrived in Yellowfin - where is the link that you need me to click on to return to Application A? Is the link part of a report? Please give me a little more detail, perhaps a screenshot.

Keep me posted and I'll do my best to help you out.

Kind Regards,
Cadell.

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.