Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Dynamic URL option

Dear Team,

We have a situation where we need to create a dynamic link based on the location from where the User is coming to the application.

E.g.
There are two applications A and B to manage requests. In both applications there a link through which you go to the Yelllowfin analytics, Indian Users use A and USA users use B; both Indian and USA users have access to Yellowfin Analytics.
Both applications have same database.
In Yellowfin we have a report which shows list of requests.

Requirement : We need to create a hyperlink on the request id in such a way that, when Indian users click on the link they should be directed to Application A and when USA users clicks on it they should be directed to application B.
In other words if you come to Yellowfin analytics from application A then when you click on the request URL , it should take you back to Application A and same in case of application B-Yellowfin Analytics- Back to Application B.

Can you please provide your input on the same.

Thanks,
Mayur
Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the post.
This is going to be a tricky one I think.

I am under the impression that there is no way to do this by default and may require you to perform some custom development.

Assume I am a USA user and I've already arrived in Yellowfin - where is the link that you need me to click on to return to Application A? Is the link part of a report? Please give me a little more detail, perhaps a screenshot.

Keep me posted and I'll do my best to help you out.

Kind Regards,
Cadell.