Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Email Template – HTML format restricted width

We are liking the new Email Template but find it is restricting the default inner-border width of the HTML reports to 660px.

It would be nice to allow this to be 100% of the available width of the window so that wide-ish reports can be viewed nicely.

In the HTML of our sample reports that are generated I can see hard-coded width of 600px/660px; changing to 100% manually allows for the full width of the client's window to be used - but of course this 100% cannot be set, we are stuck with 660px.

[code]

content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
width="660" bgcolor="#808080" style="width: 660px;
background-color:#808080">
style="padding: 30px"> cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="600"
bgcolor="#FFFFFF" style="width: 600px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;">

[/code]

This request could possibly be an extension to support task ID 160878?

From info.jsp:
Application Details
Current Schema Version: 20121119
Original Code Version: 20130122
Current Code Version: 20140716
Import Version: 4.28
Build Type: FULLVERSION

Kind Regards
-David fear
Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us with your request.

I have had a look at the existing task and 160878 has been closed due to being a duplicate task. I did find another task that I believe matches what you are after. Task ID: 152284 requests users to be able to select landscape, portrait and custom size.

Please let me know if you have any questions or I can assist further with this matter.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Thanks Katie, yes 152284 sounds pretty similar to this post.

However please note that Portrait/Landscape options are sort of irrelevant to HTML viewing; HTML should ideally be 100% of available width (less borders etc.) as we're not dealing with printing, we are dealing with multiple devices that use landscape and/or portrait orientation.

We would be keen for the end-user application to adjust orientation accordingly instead of making the decision server-side. 100% width option would allow for this =).

Kind Regards
-Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response and for highlighting this request.

I have added your request to allow the width of the html format to be changed to 100%. This has been added to the existing enhancement request (Task ID: 122284) for this to be considered for a future build.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Katie
Hi David Fear