Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Email Template – HTML format restricted width

We are liking the new Email Template but find it is restricting the default inner-border width of the HTML reports to 660px.

It would be nice to allow this to be 100% of the available width of the window so that wide-ish reports can be viewed nicely.

In the HTML of our sample reports that are generated I can see hard-coded width of 600px/660px; changing to 100% manually allows for the full width of the client's window to be used - but of course this 100% cannot be set, we are stuck with 660px.

[code]

content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
width="660" bgcolor="#808080" style="width: 660px;
background-color:#808080">
style="padding: 30px"> cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="600"
bgcolor="#FFFFFF" style="width: 600px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;">

[/code]

This request could possibly be an extension to support task ID 160878?

From info.jsp:
Application Details
Current Schema Version: 20121119
Original Code Version: 20130122
Current Code Version: 20140716
Import Version: 4.28
Build Type: FULLVERSION

Kind Regards
-David fear
Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us with your request.

I have had a look at the existing task and 160878 has been closed due to being a duplicate task. I did find another task that I believe matches what you are after. Task ID: 152284 requests users to be able to select landscape, portrait and custom size.

Please let me know if you have any questions or I can assist further with this matter.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Thanks Katie, yes 152284 sounds pretty similar to this post.

However please note that Portrait/Landscape options are sort of irrelevant to HTML viewing; HTML should ideally be 100% of available width (less borders etc.) as we're not dealing with printing, we are dealing with multiple devices that use landscape and/or portrait orientation.

We would be keen for the end-user application to adjust orientation accordingly instead of making the decision server-side. 100% width option would allow for this =).

Kind Regards
-Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response and for highlighting this request.

I have added your request to allow the width of the html format to be changed to 100%. This has been added to the existing enhancement request (Task ID: 122284) for this to be considered for a future build.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Katie

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.

Hi David Fear