Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Error editing view obtaining ReportFieldParameterBeans

Hi there

I'm getting an error when editing a view. View and yellowfin.log attached.

YF:2015-03-02 10:19:35:ERROR (ReportFieldParameterManager:selectReportFieldParameters) - Errors occured obtaining ReportFieldParameterBeans: Exception selecting data from database
YF:2015-03-02 10:19:35:ERROR (ReportFieldParameterManager:selectReportFieldParameters) - SQL Stmt:
SELECT ViewId, ReportId, EntityTypeCode, EntityId, ClassName, ParameterKey,
ParameterValue, UserVisible
FROM ReportFieldParameter

Can you give me advice please on what the problem is, and what to do to resolve?

Thanks and kind regards

Paula
Hi there

Sorry to pester. But would appreciate some guidance on this one when you can.

Thanks and kind regards

Paula
Hi Paula,

We are sorry for the delayed response and for the headache that trying to edit a view is causing!

In order to troubleshoot your problem further we will need to collect all of your logs located at /Appserver/Logs as well as your environment details. To check the build of Yellowfin you are using, go to System Information under Administration > Admin Console > System Information. The version of Yellowfin is listed next to Application Version.

Also, could you provide us screenshots of errors occurring when you are attempting to edit your view along with context that could help us troubleshoot this problem (steps taken to produce errors etc.)?

Could you please forward all of this information to support@yellowfin.bi so that we can troubleshoot this further? You can cite the subject line of this forum post in your message.

Thanks very much in advance for collecting this information and we look forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
Thanks very much, Dustin

Issue was with the maxCheckout setting in web.xml. Needed extending from 10 seconds,
and then I could edit view successfully.