Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Error in views

Problem: Open Views in Production.
While click views, encountered an error message but all the reports are working and can able to create report using view.
Steps to reproduce:
In Admin console
1. Click expand icon in view
2. System prompts error
Please refer the attachments.
Hi Yae,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into this error. I took a look at your logs and I noticed there is a database connection error occurring throughout:

YF:2015-03-19 10:06:48:ERROR (DBAction:) - Error occurred when connecting to the database: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect
java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect

It's hard to say why this is occurring without seeing the whole picture. Do you think that you could send us all of your logs located at /Appserver/Logs (just zip the whole logs folder) along with your build information. To check the build of Yellowfin you are using go to System Information under Administration > Admin Console > System Information. The version of Yellowfin is listed next to Application Version.

Also, could you take a screen shot of your browser console when this error occurs? This too could help us narrow down your problem.

Please send all of this information to support@yellowfin.bi (to open a case in our case management system) and we will troubleshoot your problem further. You can reference this forum post on your response.

Thanks very much for your patience as we work through this. We hope to hear from you soon!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4

Hi Dustin,
Sorry for the late reply.
I have enclosed all the logs files which you look into and build info as follows:
Application Version:7.1
Build:20140923
Java Version:1.7.0_06
Thanks.