Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Error when connecting MySQL

Hi Team,

I'm trying to connect Yellowfin to MySQL, at first time it works well, but on next day, when I look into my "View" or "Refresh Data", it says "oh no! An error occurred loading your details from the database. Please try again later". When looking into the Yellowfin.log, it says "Error closing statement after select failure: java.sql.SQLException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_SELECT_LIMIT=DEFAULT' at line 1".

I found a similar question below, but I think not same to mine.
Related Question

I tried to create data source again, the result of "Click here to test the connection again." works OK, but when creating a View, it always show the error.

My Yellowfin version 7.1, MySQL version is 6, my connector's version is "mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar" and I enable the debug logging, please find that in attachment. Error will be at bottom of log file.

Thank you so much for the help,
Lee
MySQL version should be 5.6.

Sorry for that,
Lee
Hi Team,

I think I figure out the problem:

We should not only update the mysql-java-connector in Yellowfin dictionary, but also in Java. See the second answer

So finally I copy the newest mysql-connector-java-*.*.**-bin.jar to jrelib and to jrelibext both, it finally works.

Best,
Lee
Nice!

Not sure why you also had to do this, as we haven't had to do this in the past.
Usually we just drag and replace the older driver in the YF directory, and it just works.

Something to keep in mind though.

Regards,
David