Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Error when exporting dashboard

Hi,

We are facing a problem when exporting dashboard, sometimes works fine but at a moment error 500.

Yellowfin log and Error in browser are attached.

Regards,
Roque
Roque,

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues exporting your dashboard.

I'll need some additional information in order to troubleshoot this issue.

- what version and build of YF are you using? E.g. 7.0, October.
- some details about the dashboard? Charts & Reports, etc?
- have there been any recent changes to your environment? E.g,
upgrades? data sources? views?

Please get back to us and we will continue to research your issue.

Also, in the future it is best to send any system error issues through
to support@yellowfin.bi -

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Details needed:
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20141029
Java Version: 1.7.0_65
Operating System: Linux 3.13.0-32-generic (amd64)

I have updated to latest build a week ago, before that I don�t have those issues but I can�t ensure that was not present in the past.
No Datasource or views changes.

If I restart Yellowfin, I am able to export the dashboard without any problem, but after a couple of hours and when many users are using YF, this error arise and I am not able anymore to export that dashboard. Is not happening with every dashboard, some of them are giving this error.

Please let me know if you need further details

Best regards,
Hello Roque,

Thank you for getting back to us with
the additional information.

This is quite interesting indeed. I have
forwarded the log file that you sent
through to our Dev team so that they may
have a look at it.

Once I hear back from them I will respond
accordingly

Thank you for your patience.

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Great, thanks a lot for your assistance.

Best regards,
Hi Kyle,

Was there ever any resolve to this? We are seeing the same issue, restricted to a single user in a single client org but hoping to resolve for them.

Thanks!
Hi Whitney,

Chasing this down now through the email thread but not getting what I wanted.

It looks like the logs eventually went to the Dev team and they were suppose to
report back to Dave R. but that's where the trail ends! They could have and it
may just never have been documented.

I've sent a note to Dave R. to see if he can remember this and get back to us.

In the meantime, it might be worth the time to get the client to duplicate the
error and the zip up the logs and send them through. If you could include the
version and build, that would be great too.

Just send them in via email and we can get a case created and properly investigate
this for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kyle

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.