Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Flaw in category permission

Hi

If a designer "A" (designers has access to create category) is restricted by another designer "B" to access a particular category then the designer "A" will not be able to view the category under browse option while at the same time designer "A" will be able to view the category under "Content Category" and can still overwrite the permission of that particular category.

If a designer is restricted for a particular category then it should not even able to view that category under "Content Category" as well.

Kindly look into the issue.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hello Dhrati,

I am testing this now for you and want to verify the role setting you have for User A. When you say that User A has access to create category, is the role you are referring to?

Forum image

Please let me know and I will continue to look at this for you.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes for both the designer A and B "Access Category" is enabled.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately, I think I might have some bad news for you. I was
hoping that you somehow had enabled a different role setting, other than the one I referenced, so that
I would have a better answer for you.

After reviewing this with the level II / Dev team, this is what they have said....

You have basically granted a 'Admin' right to User A (Content Access) and by doing this,
you have essentially trumped any content security settings implemented against User A.

Please let us know what type of priority a feature like this is for you as to date, we have yet
to have this question raised by another client.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kely,

If we do not provide Category Access for designers then how will they create folders and how they will save their reports?

Thanks,
Dhrati

Hi Dhrati,

If the 'designers' don't have Category Access, they won't be able to create folders. They can save reports, however, even if they haven't created them, into folders, as long as the folders are unsecure, or they have been given access to the folder.

Thank you,

Kyle