Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

hour format on chart

Hi

Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20150922
Java Version: 1.7.0_80

I have a decimal numeric field that represent a quantity of hours, for example 2,5 hours ( = 150 minutes = 02:50)

I�m formating the decimal number to hh:mm and it�s working correctly on table report.

However, I�d like to show the same information on a chart, using the same hh:mm format, but the chart only shows the minutes information.

Is there any option to configure the number format on chart?

Forum image

Best Regards

Elias

Hi Elias,

Thanks for the question, but unfortunately Yellowfin charts are unable to detect that a field has been formatted in HH:MM format and subsequently will display that field in it's pre-formatted state.

There currently is an outstanding enhancement for this request:

Task ID #112816 Formatted Data in DD:HH:MM:SS Cannot be Displayed On Chart

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the mean time. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Hi Dustin

Thanks again for your prompt reply

Is there any date to fix this?

If I�m using this format, after the issue fixed, the chart format will be automatically corrected?

It�s important to consider not only DD:HH:MM:SS but also HH:MM:SS and HH:MM formats as well

Another issue about de DD:MM:MM:SS is that when the time is greater than 24 ours the info will be showed as '2 Days 10:20:30', however the format 'Days' is always showed in English language, even I�m using another language

There is a way to 'translate' this format, like '2 Dias 10:20:30' for Portuguese language?

Best Regards
Hi Elias,

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately this enhancement hasn't made it to our development team for review so I can't provide a timeline on when this functionality might be implemented. If this is a feature that you are passionate about, the best course of action I can suggest would be to contact your Yellowfin Account Manager so that they can express your concerns to our product development team.

Because I don't know if/when/how this enhancement will be implemented I can't provide an answer to the second question:
[quote="">If I�m using this format, after the issue fixed, the chart format will be automatically corrected?[/quote]
Regarding your third question:
[quote="">There is a way to 'translate' this format, like '2 Dias 10:20:30' for Portuguese language?[/quote]
Unfortunately this cannot be changed. This particular format is controlled at the code level in Yellowfin and cannot be translated without manipulating the code-behind.

This is a known defect:

Task Id# 191561

Similar to the previously mentioned enhancement, I am currently unable to provide a timeline on when this defect might be resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hopefully this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great day/weekend!

Kind Regards,

Dustin