Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

How can I organize user’s dashboard panel?

Hello, we are using the YF version 7.1 build 20141128. We have a lots of default dashboards and a few client organizations. Some of them (Airport user's) are using one set of default dashboards, another client org's (Retail user's) are using other set of dashboards. Our managers have a access to both type of client organizations and to all default dashboards. The problem is, that when our manager tries to log into some client organization, for example in some Airport client, he can see not only dashboards of this client organization but all default dashboards which are using other clients (Retail user's). This is not too comfortable to find some needed dashboards from all default dashboards. Now for identification of group of dashboards we use a special prefixes in the name of Airport dashboards and Retail dashboards. User's of specific client organization can see only their own specific dashboards and default dashboards which they are using, no any other. The problem is only for our user's and managers. Is this some issue with security or something another? We like this idea to use one default dashboard for a few client organization. But we would like to see inside one client organization on the dashboard panel only that dashboards which are working only for this client organization. Is it possible?
Regards,
Tina

Hello Tina,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this forum post.

To start addressing your query I think we need to ask a few questions to get some clarification on your setup.

- You state that your managers (Admins) have access to both Client Orgs and to all default dashboards - is this a requirement?? If so, there really is no way to prevent these same managers (Admins) from seeing the default dashboards of other client orgs. Does this make sense?

The only way to avoid this would be to create these users/managers in the specific client org that is relevant to them. E.g. Manager A is associated with Client Org Airport User then Manager A should be created within that Client Org only.

- Is your issue specifically with the Dashboard layout or also with the fact that this managers can also see reports in the browse section of the client org? If it's specific to the Dashboard setup, why can't the manager just remove the unwanted reports from the dashboard?

Can you review this information and let us know your thoughts? My apologizes in advance if I have misunderstood your issue.

Lastly, have you and your team considered upgrading your build of 7.1? You are presently 8 patches behind and are not taking advantage of 100's of implemented enhancement features and many product defect fixes.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your response.

- "You state that your managers (Admins) have access to both Client Org's and to all default dashboards - is this a requirement?? If so, there really is no way to prevent these same managers (Admins) from seeing the default dashboards of other client org's. Does this make sense?" -

"The only way to avoid this would be to create these users/managers in the specific client org that is relevant to them. E.g. Manager A is associated with Client Org Airport User then Manager A should be created within that Client Org only."

- My thoughts were the same but this is no way for as to have manager for each client org's. As I understand right in this case for each manager's account in YF we need to have additional license. What if we will have 500 client org's? Should be a way when we could like to use some functionality (as a folder) which can allows as to keep one set of dashboard tabs for one client org, another set of dashboards for other client org.. It should work like a security settings for user's. For example when we create User group in YF we can to add some set of dashboard tab for this group of user's (see please screen shot) Why we cant to have something like this for Client org's or Group of Client org's (for example Airport users and Retail users)?

"Lastly, have you and your team considered upgrading your build of 7.1? You are presently 8 patches behind and are not taking advantage of 100's of implemented enhancement features and many product defect fixes."

- We upgraded the our internal YF, but unfortunately the external (clients) YF has no last build yet. Cause it we have own style (Org logo) there and it is not so easy to make update. As wishes, could we have the list of changes or description new features with a last version of updating? It will give to as better understanding how urgently need we have this upgrade. Thank you. Tina
Hi Tina,

Thank you for getting back to us. You are correct, if you were to assign a admin to each Client Org you would have quite a few Admins! It's just not possible to have Admins that have access to to all the client orgs and default orgs to systematically prevent them from seeing 'other' dashboards in specific client orgs.

We still can't understand why these Admins can't build these client org dashboard to only contain the reports that are specific to the client org? I wish I had a better answer for you Tina but we just can't see how you can get around this, other than what we have suggested.

In terms of getting a list of changes for each end of the month patch, you are able to view these on the support portal page under 'Change Logs".

Forum image

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the answer and a way to see the description of last releases.
Just small comment to this.

-'We still can't understand why these Admins can't build these client org dashboard to only contain the reports that are specific to the client org?'

-Any Admin can to build the dashboard tab inside of specific client org. But in this case we are losing the functionality of 'default client org' also as the possibility create of the dashboard once and use it for a few different client organizations.

In any case I am sure that Yellowfin has a lot of possibilities for development and I will hoping to see some ideas for the decision of this issue soon.

Thank you,
Tina