Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

How to restrict role to private bookmarks only

Dear YF Support!

I would like to restrict our Role "Report Consumer" to only be able to create private bookmarks since our reports are full of public bookmarks and it becomes very confusing over time.

Other roles (e.g. Administrator or Report Writer) should be able to create public bookmarks.

Is there any way to do it with the existing role management? If not, do you think this will be possible in the future?

Thank you so much & kind regards,
Sebastian
Hello Sebastian,

Currently within Administration > Roles, there is only an option for a user to have access to create Bookmarks and Snapshots. No options current exist within Roles to administer user access to Bookmarks ( make public or private ).

However, I've added an Enhancement Request ( #174486 ) to request this functionality in a future YF release.

Let me know if you need further information or clarification on this.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Thank you for the feedback, Danny!
Hi Danny,

I have another remark regarding bookmarks. As I have written within my first post, our users increasingly using bookmarks within reports. A couple of users have now requested to get a possibility to change the name/description of already existing bookmarks.

I was not able to find a way to do this. Is there any way?

Thank you so much & kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

There's currently no option to change the name / description of an existing Bookmark, however there is an existing Enhancement Request lodged for Bookmark update options.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Again, thank you! :-)