Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Is there a command-line tool to do reports deployment

Hello,

We do development in our dev instance and deploy the reports to production instance. I export the reports from dev and import it to production my question is there any command line tool to do the following :

- Import exported reports to production instance in a specific content category using a different data source.
Ideally if we can specify report name and data source in a properties files.

- To delete all reports and dashboards from a give content category.

- To set default dashboard tabs for a given user role.

System Information
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20150528
Java Version: 1.7.0_65
Operating System: Linux 3.13.0-36-generic (amd64)

Cheers

-Muthu
Can somebody please give me any information for my question.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Hello Muthu,

Apologizes for the delay in this. We will attempt to take a look at this today
and have something for you soon.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Any update on this ??

Cheers

-Muthu
Hi Muthu,

there is a command line tool to import reports/tabs etc. and it does use a properties file, although the properties file doesn't allow for specifying the content category & data source, so unfortunately I don't think that tool is going to help you achieve your goals.

And regarding your other 2 requirements, there isn't a command-line tool for them.

However, something you should be aware of is that you definitely could meet all of the above requirements via Yellowfin's extensive Web Services. As well as the examples given in that Wiki link, there are also full working examples of quite a few different web service calls within your Yellowfin installation, just have a look in the following path:

[code]/development/examples/webservices[/code]

and you will see some JSPs that demonstrate a few of the functions.

To meet your requirements you would probably have to use a few webservices calls in conjuction with one another, for example, to delete all reports and dashboard tabs from a specific category there are functions called DELETEREPORT & DELETETAB however they require the specific ID of the tab or report, so you would have to use another web service GETCONTENT which returns all content with its metadata, then from this you could programmatically create a list of reportIDs and tabIDs per content category, and then pass that to the DELETEREPORT & DELETETAB functions.

If you do decide to go ahead with the web services and would like more specific information and help then please let us know and we'll be only to glad to help out.

regards,
Dave