Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Issue with Cached Dependent filters

Hi,
Please help on below issue

Scenario:
At the report Filters, I am using cached filter dropdown, Level 1 is for Main Branch and Level 2 is for Sub Branch. As usual, Level 2 (Sub) values are dependent on the Level 1.We have transactions where Level 1 (Main Branch) is mandatory and Level 2 (Sub-Branch) is optional.

Our Issue is with Cashed Dependent Filters
- If transactions contains both main and sub branch, Both are displaying in dropdown � No issue here.
- If transaction contains only with main branch and does not contain sub branch, the corresponding main branch is not appearing in Level1 filter dropdown.

Can you please advise me how to fix this issue i.e, How to bring the Level 1 (Main) values in the Filter.

Thank You
Jhansi
Hello Jhansi,

Could you let us know what version and build of Yellowfin this is occurring in?

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

Below is the yellowfin version information.

Application Version: 7.0
java.version: 1.6.0_33
os.name: Linux
os.arch: amd64
os.version: 2.6.18-308.el5
Original Code Version: 20140730
Current Code Version: 20140730

Thank You
Jhansi
Hi Danny,

Below is the yellowfin version information.

Application Version: 7.0
java.version: 1.6.0_33
os.name: Linux
os.arch: amd64
os.version: 2.6.18-308.el5
Original Code Version: 20140730
Current Code Version: 20140730

Thank You
Jhansi
Hello Jhansi,

As there have been a number of monthly releases to YF 7.0, it is suggested that you download and run the latest 7.0 update for your system, to see if one of the updates has corrected your issue.

Latest 7.0 update can be downloaded here

Please let me know if your filter issue continues after the update has been applied.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

I tried in the 7.1 Environment. Still The issue is not resolved, I did n't get the Level1 in dropdown if Level 2 is not there. Below is my version details.

System Information
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20141128
Java Version: 1.6.0_33
Operating System: Linux 2.6.18-308.el5 (amd64)

I Checked the resolved issues in later builds "20150123" and "20141223", I could n't find. But I cound n't update my system to these builds "20150123" and "20141223".

If possible can you replicate this issue to your system.

Thank You
Jhansi
Hi Jhansi,

Are you able to provide some detailed screenshots on how the filters are configured at the report level to help us understand what could be at play here?

Regards,
Thanks

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply. I send the screenshots to support@yellowfin.bi with the Subject as "Issue with Cached Dependent filters -- David". Please have a look into the mail attachment and let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks
Jhansi
Hi David,

FYI, Email Support Case ID# 187820

Thanks
Jhansi