Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Issue with ghost users

We are having some problems with user management in Yellowfin.
Here are the steps to recreate the issue:
1. I created a user say �ABC@xyz.com'
2. The user tried to log in as �abc@xyz.com� and was denied access. So we figured the user name is case sensitive.
3. I changed the user�s email to �abc@xyz.com�, all lower case. After I saved the change, the user disappeared from the list.
4. I created a new user with email 'abc@xyz.com�.
5. Now the user is able to log in as 'abc@xyz.com�.

Now the problem is the old user was not completed removed from the system.
In our case, the total number of users is 7 but the count of users under role �Admin� is 8. A screenshot is attached.
Also the duplicate users show up in search list when we are adding users to groups.

We are on version 7.1 and this post reported a similar issue for an earlier version.
http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-User-Disappeared-?thread=154578

Please help.
Thank you for the feedback Julie and for attaching a screenshot. I'm going to try to recreate this issue, and I will let you know my findings. Could you let me know what build of Yellowfin you are using? To check the build of Yellowfin you are using go to System Information under Administration > Admin Console > System Information. The version of Yellowfin is listed next to Application Version.
Hi Julie,

I was unable to replicate this issue using the most recent build of Yellowfin 7.1(February Release).

I would recommend upgrading your Yellowfin instance to the most recent build if possible. We've fixed some user creation bugs recently (specifically related to LDAP) back in January and I think that if you upgrade you won't find ghost users being counted against your license any longer.

If you are using the most current build of Yellowfin please let me know and we will troubleshoot this further. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4