Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

JVM goes high while running cross tab reports

Hi Team ,

We have facing issues when users are running cross tab reports there is a sudden peak in the JVM memory usage which doesnt get released . This makes the application very slow and we are forced to restart the app.

This issue occured in YF 7.1 Jan 2016 patch (20160128)

We have added the below settings in catalina.sh in our development environment which is on YF 7.1 Jan release and also we tested in by upgrading on 7.2 (May 2016 release) . We didnot notice any significant change after adding this settings when the JVM goes high.

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled"

Kindly advice on this , if there are any more settings needs to be added to release the JVM memeory without restarting the application.

Thanks,
Sanjay
HI Team ,

Any update on this?
Hi Sanjay,

To my knowledge there is not another way to release JVM Memory if it runs out, other than restarting the application.

Going forward I think we need to look at your JVM Memory Max Memory (2048m) so we can possibly look to increase this to see if this corrects the performance. Can you confirm if you are using a 32bit version of Java because I believe the limit is 2gb.

Ideally we would like to increase this.

It might be a good idea to read the below link as this contains some detailed information on the Garbage Collector side;

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-JVM-out-of-memory-?thread=196512

I hope this helps and I await your reply.

Regards,
Mark

Further to this I would like to recommend the below settings to see how you get on:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xms128m - Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+UseG1GC"

If we can implement these and see how we get on with the performance on your cross tab reports.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Mark