Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Lack of error Detail when failed to Import

High, I have a View that contains a Virtual table which I export and tried to import back to the same YF instance but with different database connection. I got an error saying "Virtual Table Event Summary not compatible with source system".

After tracing thought the log and it turns out that the YF was trying to test the SQL and SQL Server was returning back "Divide by zero error encountered".

Basically the database doesn't have any data and that why it causes a divided by zero when YF test the view.

It would really help if there is a better error message instead of tracing through the logs.

here is the stack trace:
YF:2012-09-20 15:28:18:ERROR (DBAction:doSelect) - Error occured selecting data: java.sql.SQLException: Divide by zero error encountered.
java.sql.SQLException: Divide by zero error encountered.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2820)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2258)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.isDataInResultSet(TdsCore.java:796)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.(JtdsResultSet.java:134)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.java:483)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:776)
at com.hof.util.DBAction.doSelect(DBAction.java:546)
at com.hof.util.DBAction.doSelect(DBAction.java:507)
at com.hof.mi.process.MIViewProcess.A(MIViewProcess.java:15194)
at com.hof.mi.process.V4ImportProcess.A(V4ImportProcess.java:920)
at com.hof.mi.process.V4ImportProcess.A(V4ImportProcess.java:465)
at com.hof.mi.process.V4ImportProcess.validateImport(V4ImportProcess.java:299)
at com.hof.mi.xml.v4.ImportUtilV4.validateImport(ImportUtilV4.java:252)
at com.hof.mi.web.action.MIPreAdminImportSummaryAction.execute(MIPreAdminImportSummaryAction.java:114)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Hi Mentor,

An enhancement request for this error message has been created for you, task ID = 118862, this will be brought up and discussed at the next developers' meeting.

Regards,
David
Hi Mentor,

Apologies for the delayed response.

This has been discussed in depth, and unfortunately a timeframe could not be given as to when such enhancements can be implemented.

At the moment we are concentrating on the coming 6.2 release , and it's worth noting we have revamped the broadcast errors so they are more detailed than before.

We are aware there are still a few areas where this needs to happen, and will not forget these tasks.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

Has this made it into 6.3?

I have the June 6.2 on my dev machine and I'm still seeing this type of error description.

Thanks

Brendon
Is there any update when this issue might be addressed?

It is quite frustrating to have an import fail with absolutely no idea of what the reason might be without have to resort to examining log files. Furthermore, often examining the log files shed little light on the cause of the error.

Thanks in advance for you reply.
Hi Steve,

Hope you are well,

I have checked the task in question and I can advise that it has not been assigned to a version yet. I have updated the task with your request for information.

As soon as I have any update I will update this forum post.

If you do have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Adam