Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Minimum database permissions for Yellowfin config database

Hi guys,

Just want to check what the minimum database permissions are verses the recommended database permissions for the Yellowfin system.

Whilst I know you state "full permissions" is recommended how much further can we lock this down?
Would it be : insert, select, update, and delete?

Could we then add the "alter" option when patching Yellowfin & remove again afterwards?

Cheers,
Marcus
Guys... been waiting for a week for this info.
Hi Marcus,

generally speaking yes, however, depending on which database you are using there may be additional ones, I seem to remember having to having to specially grant SELECT for procedures for a MySQL DB, i.e. the general SELECT permission didn't apply to procedures.

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave (et al),

What I hoped for was a doc or something that provided a better recommendation than "full control".

We are using an MS SQL backend.

With this what is the minimum required permissions to have a working backend with no permission not absolutely required for BAU operations?

What is there that may need to be changed for updating/patching? (Which one can assume gets reverted back to minimum required state again.)

Cheers,
Marcus
Hi Marcus,

sorry but we don't have any documentation on this, however, for normal BAU operations (i.e. not upgrading) the Yellowfin account only needs to INSERT, SELECT, UDPATE, DELETE just as you have said. And then depending on the patch, tables, columns, procedures, indexes may need to be created, removed or modified.

regards,
Dave