Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Multiple Filter

I would like to select data based on one filter that searches multiple fields. For example.

Select customer if value in field1 or field2 or field3 or field 4 = filtervalue

I can get this to work if I enter the parameter for each field but would like for the user to enter the customer number only one time.

What is the best way to do this?
Thank you!
Hi There,

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish, you should be able to easily do this using linked filters.

How to Accomplish:

1. Drag the columns you would like to filter into your report.

Forum image

2. Identify a column to use as a "master" filter column. This column will drive the filtering of the other columns linked to it. Drag this column to the filter section of the report builder.

Forum image

3. Click the Advanced Settings link below the filter box

4. Drag in the other columns that you would like to have filtered

5. Configure your filters to match the following screenshot:

Forum image

Note: Select OR instead of AND for each filter.

6. Make sure each 'Link to Filter' is tied to the "master" filter (in my case age at camp):

Forum image

7. Navigate to the output screen and test your new filters:

Forum image

Forum image

Notice how each row that contains the number 12 is returned and all 4 columns are filtered using one set of filter data?

Please let me know if this is what you are trying to accomplish and if this information helps.

I hope to hear back soon!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
Thank you so much for your quick response. I am using Yellowfin 6.3 and I do not have an advanced setting box below my filters.
Hi Pam,

In Yellowfin Version 6.3, the filter settings are configured during step 2 of the report builder process. Please see the below screenshot:

Forum image

The UI is slightly different than what appears in 7.1, but the premise is the same.

Hopefully this information helps.

In the future please send all requests to your local Yellowfin reseller.

If you have any questions/concerns on this process please send us an email at support@yellowfin.bi, or if you are unsure on who you should be contacting.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4