Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Multiple Logins/Windows

Is there a way to have yellowfin display in multiple windows? Many of my users want to stare and compare multiple reports simultaneously, and the dashboard controls are insufficient.
Hello Justin,

We don't recommend that you open YF multiple times in the same browser because of the way Tomcat
tracks sessions. However, if your users want to open the instance in two different browsers (Chrome & Firefox)
than they should be able to view the dashboard reports with no problems.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thank you,

Kyle

In order for this to work, multiple concurrent logins need to be allowed in YF. I dont know if it is because the development license doesnt seem to allow that, or that YF doesnt allow that normally, but if user justin logs in using Chrome and user Justin logs in using Firefox, then the Firefox session will either automatically DC Chrome-Justin or ask me to not log in or DC Chrome-Justin or block Firefox-Justin from logging in entirely (as it is set up in the admin section for user login security).
Good Afternoon Justin,

Hope you are well,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I have looked in to the licence you have and I can see that the option for concurrency is disabled.

If you need this changed you will need to speak to your account manager, who will be able to make the required changes. If you do have any further questions or require any assistance please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Adam