Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Org Ref Code grouping

Hi

I'm using Org Ref Codes to provide a simplified representation of values in a field - i.e. multiple different values will map to a smaller number of display values as defined by the Org Ref Code.

For example:

Value:Org Ref Code
1:A
2:A
3:A
4:B
5:B
6:C

However, when I create a report using the Org Ref Code field and an aggregated metric, the grouping is still carried out based on the original value (1-6) rather than the Org Ref Code (A-C) so I will still see multiple entries in the data table for A and B.

Whilst the aggregation in charts works as expected, is there a way to make the data table aggregate based on the output Org Ref Code?
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately that is the intended function of Org Ref Codes. Currently there is no way to make it aggregate based on the Org Ref Code instead of the underlying values.

You have two options as work arounds:
1. Create a calculated field with CASE statements. EG: CASE WHEN 1 THEN A. CASE WHEN 2 THEN A.
2. Create a new column in your database that contains the alternative values for your numbers. EG:
VALUE:ALTERNATIVE VALUE
1:A
2:A
3:A

I'd recommend you perform the second option.

Sorry for the disappointment but I hope this helped.

Kind Regards,
Cadell.
Thanks Cadell. I've managed to achieve what you've suggested in the second option using a Formula Builder "Grouped Values" field - this seems more like what I was after in the first place, probably just a misunderstanding on the real purpose of Org Ref Codes on my part.

Cheers

Mike