Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Period Reporting

Hi There,

I have a report I need to build which is essentially 4 columns and a few rows.

Column 1 (current period) is based on a user defined reporting period, for example 01/01/2013 to 31/01/2013.

Column 2 (current period last year) needs to show the Same period but less 1 year, so 01/01/2012 to 31/01/2012

Column 3 (YTD) is based on a user defined reporting period, for example 01/01/2014 to 26/08/2014

Column 4 (YTD last year) needs to show the same peiod as above but less 1 year, so 01/01/2013 to 26/08/2014

I have tried to use a sub query with the same view and then used the same date dimensions on all sub queries, with the second one being linked to the first filter and using the offset of - 1 year, same applies to the 3rd and 4th column, this didnt return any results.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I've attached an XML export file to this forum post of a example report based on the Ski Team Demo data that has a 2nd column linked to the user prompt date filter of the first column, the 2nd column is from an append sub-query and has 1 year less than the 1st column. Hopefully, if you edit this report you will be able to see how it differs from the way your report is set up.

regards,
Dave